Valued Contributor

Kidnapped girl 18 years ago..forgiveness

[ Edited ]

Was watching interview with young woman kidnapped 18 years ago from hospital , finding out about it, says how could she not forgive the woman she called mom,she loved me so much... What a  heart... dont know what i would do, but, she is a very special young woman. I hope she lives a good life , she has such compassion,  an open heart. what grace under such hard circumstance . Maryanne

Honored Contributor

Re: Kidnapped girl 18 years ago..forgiveness

I have read she doesn't want the lady that kidnapped her to go to prison. She said she was very good to her ,and she loves her still

I feel so sorry for them , even the woman that did the kidnapping , must have been  mentally ill to do this.  She had suffered a miscarriage, just prior to the event that took place

The only one the girl doesn't have much use for, is the man she thought was her dad

She has a lot to digest.  I hope her real family can help her adjust

Respected Contributor

Once she has  a child of her own, she will understand what her biological mom went through.   It is very sad because her "mom' needs to pay for the horrors she put this family through.  

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I have read she doesn't want the lady that kidnapped her to go to prison. She said she was very good to her ,and she loves her still

I feel so sorry for them , even the woman that did the kidnapping , must have been  mentally ill to do this.  She had suffered a miscarriage, just prior to the event that took place

The only one the girl doesn't have much use for, is the man she thought was her dad

She has a lot to digest.  I hope her real family can help her adjust

Menatally ill? Some people are selfish and evil. 

Honored Contributor

Yes some are ,but you don't know her mental state at the time this happened. Some women have  deep depression after things like this happen to them

Valued Contributor

Hard to judge anyone but this young girl has lost the only mother  she knew and loved. now her life will never be the same . . I  wish her peace only time may bring.  so very sad..

Esteemed Contributor

My heart goes out to this young woman who was taken 18 years ago.I understand that she loves the woman who raised her.But this woman kidnapped a newborn & raised it as her own.As a mother I can't imagine what that was like for the biological parents.It had to be hell for them to just lose a baby that way. We cannot forget that.They lost 18 years of raising their child.They will never get those years back!! 

I have no sympathy for the kidnapper.I think they should throw the book at her!! If she needs psychological help give it to her in jail!!!

Honored Contributor

I think the kidnappers's husband should be jailed too, he knew she kidnapped that baby.

Super Contributor

The pyschologist who was interviewd on tv said no one should tell the young woman who to love or to make her feel conflicted or guilty.  I guess she's right but I think it's a real stomach churner that she calls her kidnapping "one mistake."   Kidnapping is a federal offense and the fact that she was loved doesn't negate the crime.  The kidnapper is a criminal.  Where was the love to the birth mother 18 years ago, right of course there was none.  Oh but wait, the criminal loves the birth mother's daughter so that makes it all right......    Smiley Mad

Respected Contributor

It is a very complicated situation.  When the girl has time to come to terms with all this and sort out her feelings who knows how she will feel.  It is hard for me to understand how someone could have a stillborn baby and then jump in the car and drive several hours and go to a hospital and steal a baby.  It just seems so random.  Why Jacksonville and not a hospital closer to her home or a hospital further away.  I guess there will be more to come.