Respected Contributor

Re: Kelly Clarkson To Replace Megyn Kelly At NBC?

I liked NBC when Meredith Vierra was on and Katie Curic, mind you this was before we found out about the secretive pig Matt Laur.

I watched Megan Kelly on Fox and just saw her head swell up daily, she thought she was all that and Im glad when FOX called her bluff. Im sooo happy NBC fired her! They should of known better in the first place. If you pick up a snake your gonna get bit!

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

I don't see the complaints about someone like Kelly Clarkson taking the third hour of the Today show, because most of the rest (first two hours) of it isn't news most days anyway. It's about a total of 30 minutes hard news (unless there is something big going on in the world) and the rest is celebrity garbage, shopping, makeovers and other rubbish. And there is always watching Hoda and Kathy Lee drink and blab on about nothing (are they still on together?)

At least a third hour with someone like Kelly Clarkson would be fun and happy, and not people pretending to be journalists. 

Respected Contributor

Morning shows are not about news.....they are light and fluffy, That said I find KC loud and annoying after a few minutes.

Frequent Contributor

The hour that Tamron Hall and Al Roker shared prior to Megny Kelly's show was all about Tamron, her clothes, who she was hanging around with and her constant name dropping....not appropriate for a morning show that claims it's all about the news and not the fluff.  The last time I knew Al Roker was a weatherman. Laely he seems to be anything but who feels free to critize Megyn Kelly and insist that she owes an additional apology to "black folk" for her remarks about wearing black face.  He seems to feel dressing as a white character (yesterday's halloween show) as a black man is perfectly ok.

Someone needs to remind Roker racism is a two way street and  his way is acceptable.

Frequent Contributor

Last lineof my statement should read, his way is NOT acceptable.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gmabee38 wrote:

The hour that Tamron Hall and Al Roker shared prior to Megny Kelly's show was all about Tamron, her clothes, who she was hanging around with and her constant name dropping....not appropriate for a morning show that claims it's all about the news and not the fluff.  The last time I knew Al Roker was a weatherman. Laely he seems to be anything but who feels free to critize Megyn Kelly and insist that she owes an additional apology to "black folk" for her remarks about wearing black face.  He seems to feel dressing as a white character (yesterday's halloween show) as a black man is perfectly ok.

Someone needs to remind Roker racism is a two way street and  his way is acceptable.

Wow. First, "Black folk"? Wow.

Next, Al Roker dressed as a character, he did not paint his face white. It has nothing to do with blackface, which has a long and racist history. A white person can dress as a black character, so long as that white person does not employ blackface to do so. 

Lastly, racism is a system where people in power oppress those without power. Such a system has been in this country since its existence, from slavery to Jim Crow to mass incarceration. Bigotry can go both ways, but racism is not a two-way street as there is no system by which people of color have the power to oppress white people. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Alison Wonderland I missed the Halloween episode on Today. Who did Al Roker

dress up as?

Respected Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@Alison Wonderland I missed the Halloween episode on Today. Who did Al Roker

dress up as?

I had to Google it earlier, @threecees. Al Roker dressed as Doc Brown and Dylan Dreyer dressed as Marty McFly from Back to the Future. 

Image result for al roker doc brown

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alison Wonderland your comments are right on. If I chose to dress as Supergirl I would not paint my face pink or white.Black face is and in my opinion has been and is always been offensive.

Reseach at your local Library on the internet, about blackface.

My mother's father was a Native American, my grandchild is biracial.And to me Al Jolson is not my hero.The powers that be may delete my response,but the truth never changes.

Maybe in the year 3000,if the world still exists,it may not matter but to individuals born the 1900's it does. I am a 1954 baby,it matters.

I have taught my son's to love people, and religious differences,but to respect their heritage.

My son's are bilingual, ( Spanish/ English,)on  their  own they have  learn to speak Spanish)they have friends of many races,as their parents.

There are still those who sees  differences  in race or religious beliefs as a reason for hate, the recent news events proves this.

I asked, you don't have to like me, but you do have to respect me.

Black face is not in my opinion is not plus. I was born in 1954 ,I have seen the pain cause by discrimination.You don't have to agree,you just have to understand. 

That's why I am neither Democrat or Republican, I am a independent in life as will as politics.

Honored Contributor

In the NY area there are now 4 hours of the Today show, a 2 hour show and 2 1 hour shows

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.