Honored Contributor

Re: KEEPING SHOPPING LIST ON PHONE

I use an app called Color Note.  They are like little sticky notes.  There are 2 options, text or checklist.

I use the checklist option for various shopping lists for different stores.

If I"m looking for something specific for my home, I might write down the dimensions I need or the quantity.

I have Alexa but I have not used the shopping list feature because it doesn't work with the Alexa app on my phone as easily at color note.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Pencil and paper girl here. Has served me well all my life. I don't own any fancy phone gadgets. Don't need them, want them, or can afford them.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@debic

Thanks for the idea of a dry-erase board! I keep lists on a device; DH goes to the store with written, but might be getting into using a list on his phone, I don’t know.

It's a long thin one.   5.5 x 14.   I got it off Amazon.    I glued magnets to the back and stuck it on the fridge

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Shanus

My wife has doing this for years of her Android Samsung Galaxy phones. Think she is up to the S8 Samsung now.

If you are looking for help, post this on the Electronics Forum. Seems like lots of "i people there. Haven't read any of the other posts. Bye!

hckynut(john)

Thanks @hckynut. Have a nice day.

Honored Contributor

I used the app AnyList on my previous phone.

My Tracfone came with InkPad.

Now that I'm retired, I refuse to keep up with anything paper & pencil.

I keep all kinds of lists, not just a grocery list, which I find so handy.

I'll make a list of errands I need to run--bank, library, etc

I have a "list" for a simple recipe, like my tomato gravy

I make lists for anything I want to remember.

I'll make a list  for driving directions.

I have a list for my prescription

I keep a list of favorite authors.

I keep a packing list for when I travel

@Shanus wrote:

If any techies out there, feel free to explain...simply, please. DD keeps her food shopping list on her phone, but not IPhone like mine. Seems so convenient to just stop off, have your list & be able to pick up a few things. I keep my list on paper next to frig. 🤭

Valued Contributor

I use the Memo feature on my Samsung Galaxy for making lists, I can check items off as I go along.  

Honored Contributor

Notes on my IPhone. I use to write a list on paper until the day the paper disappeared on the way to the grocery store. Less likely to loose my phone.
Trusted Contributor

I have an app on my iPhone called "Grocery List".  Very easy to use.  After you find your item in the store, you simply touch the box on the phone next to the item and it checks it off and pushes it to the bottom of the list.  So easy.