Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

I think you'll find most of us agree with you.  Enough is enough, it's been pounded into our heads 24/7.  TV shows & commercials, radio, online, social media (which I do not participate in), conversations, etc.

I've always tried to avoid negativity as I feel too much of it can bring a person down.  Just feel I don't want or need it.

If you're able to be more of a positive person, for me anyways, it helps to brighten your day.  Who doesn't want that?  Not saying it helps everytime, but it does mostly.

Esteemed Contributor

Agree. I've had a few days where I just chilled, with little on my agenda, to help me get back on the rails. Snoozing negative friends on FB. Not watching as much news, but staying informed and careful. Had to apologize to hubs because I've been impatient with him. We both felt better after that. Listening to audio books and Pandora music more. Trying to walk on the sunny side of the street. I noticed sunshine eases my day. I'm that simple.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I hope I answered everyone that responded.  I havent been here much the last couple of days due to passing a kidney stone.  Spent Weds evening in the ER and the last 2 days getting rid of the stone.  Being on some high test pain meds made me goofy, sleepy and unable to concentrate.  Thank goodness I am on the up swing and I think all is well today.

I am a positive person who had a day of poor pitiful me episode and I am ok now.

God bless and thank you all.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie, I am so sorry to hear about your health issue. So glad you passed the stone and are feeling better. Take care, stay safe, and have a better day.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN ...........Thanks so much.

Honored Contributor

I have stopped watching the news too. And avoiding threads about the virus. I also need postiveness in my life and Im focusing on that Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

I am glad to hear you are better and passed the stone.  Ouch😩

My spouse has been hoping the last 2 will pass on their own.  I never knew a kidney stone could bring a person into a fetal position with such back pain to the point he couldn't stand and had trouble breathing.  He said the pain is unbearable!

He was admitted to get the solution working in his system.  If he doesn't pass them surgery scheduled for Friday🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

so so glad you're on the mend they say it's worse for women , go figure🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 ........Thank you for your kind words.

Actually the passing of the stone is not worse for women.  Once the stone gets to the bladder the pain is gone or not nearly as bad.  There is a lot of pressure when the stone(s) passes with urinating.  For men the worst pain is getting passed from the bladder out with urination.

I so hope you hubby is doing well and passes it with no surgery involved.  I have said a prayer for him.