Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  It's hard to insulate yourself from the horrendous things that are happening now.  But a person can only absorb so much until it starts driving you into a funk.  I think it's healthy to just take a break from the onslaught. 

You are not whiney.  You're trying to get through this in a healthy way and it makes sense to me!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

Hate to be nagitive,but this virus will never be over,until we get a vaccine.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

For my own peace of mind I had quit reading any posts about the virus.  However, its not an easy as it sounds.  It is slipped into a lot of posts that have nothing to do with it.   

I have quit going to a couple of forums because of the negative stuff (for me anyway), now I need to stop going to another one which is my favorite (pet lovers) a seemingly harmless title but was about abuse.

I just need more positive and pleasant things in my life right now.

OK, my whiny, gripy vent is over.HeartWoman LOL

Handle things in the manner that makes you feel best. Everyone has their own way of dealing with things. 🌺

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  - I have to say that I agree with you. There's absolutely nothing new being discussed in those threads. It's just a rehash of the same things and same arguments. They get contentious, threads that aren't about the virus get dragged there anyway, the threads get shut-down, and up pop more. "News" is presented only when it fits the viewpoint of whomever is posting it, and who would be crazy or naive enough to get their news from a shopping channel message board anyway? 

I just wish that the people who start them would be clear in the thread title that it's virus related so that those who don't wish to look at the content can just scroll on past. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie    Good for you!  Everyone here has a choice to open a thread... or to continue to stop reading a thread that they find disturbing or  not to their liking. It is the CHOICE  that we all have that makes these forums interesting and fun. Something for everyone.  If these forums were all vanilla it would get boring for many posters. I prefer Neopolitan myself!

Respected Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@Imaoldhippie  - I have to say that I agree with you. There's absolutely nothing new being discussed in those threads. It's just a rehash of the same things and same arguments. They get contentious, threads that aren't about the virus get dragged there anyway, the threads get shut-down, and up pop more. "News" is presented only when it fits the viewpoint of whomever is posting it, and who would be crazy or naive enough to get their news from a shopping channel message board anyway? 

I just wish that the people who start them would be clear in the thread title that it's virus related so that those who don't wish to look at the content can just scroll on past. 

Great post FrostyBabe!!

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  but you are an old hippie so I thought you could weather any storm (think Woodstock). Maybe you could medicate with something from your hippie days (not seriously). Actually I've cut my news watching down to an hour of local news a day. It has helped me realize things aren't that much different. Plus, the permanent changes that might come out of this could be for the best. Good luck.

Honored Contributor

This pandemic has changed the world in countless ways. That's the reason for so many comments about it on any forum. I can suggest only passing by obvious threads and then also posts that might pop up.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie Avoiding the "you-know-what" is on my agenda as well!

Hey Rutherforton from the mountains!Smiley Happy