Honored Contributor

I have to visit the dentist this month.  Think I'll wear the mask during the visit.  They wear one.  Think I'll wear mine and see how really good they are. ROFLOL.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just had a "dental" thought

Too funny!

I have been blessed to find an amazing dentist.  Could not get my crown due to closings in Illinois for over 3 months.  They temporary could have lasted forever.  That being said you will be the one to be spewing stuff and they are protecting you with their masks. Only one person in the office at a time.  They did temp checks.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal  Keep the mask on during your visit and I'm sure it will be painless!  {*_*}

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I have to visit the dentist this month.  Think I'll wear the mask during the visit.  They wear one.  Think I'll wear mine and see how really good they are. ROFLOL.

@qualitygal   😂. I have my appointment next month...way over due. As much as I fear the dentist, I'd love to find a Hannibal Lecter mask!!!

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal 

I like your sense of humor!  If you want to REALLY freak them, eat a coupla Oreos before you take off your mask!

(Yes, I have evil thoughts, but fortunately don't act on them.) Woman LOL

Denise
Honored Contributor

I have a cleaning schedule for next month. I was suppose to go 6 months ago but I cancelled. I suppose I SHOULD go...

I did schedule the appointment for 7AM so I am the first  patient of the day.  That way the air will have been cleaned and filtered through the night....less chance for  aerosols and particles to be present of the virus.

Honored Contributor

i have a appt tomorrow .... the instructions:

We are closely following communications from the CDC, the American Dental Association, and we offer the following current guidelines for our patients.

• If you are healthy, there is no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment. We do ask you to arrive on time, rather than early, for your appointments to minimize the amount of time patients spend in the waiting area.

• If you are ill with flu-like symptoms, please stay at home and contact us to reschedule your appointment. There will be no cancellation or rescheduling fees during this time.

• If you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to a country with outbreaks of COVID-19 or if you have been exposed to someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or quarantined as a precaution, wait 14 days before making an appointment to make sure you are free of COVID-19 symptoms. Contact our office and we will reschedule your appointment (again with no cancellation or rescheduling fees).

• Please limit the amount of people your bring with you to your appointment.

• New York State is requiring people to wear masks in public, be sure to wear one to your appointment.

• When you enter the office, your temperature will be taken.

• We ask you please wash your hands when you arrive in the office.

• Appointments will take more time than previously, please be patient as our main goal is your utmost safety and care.

We appreciate your understanding and patience with these new practices.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had my cleaning in June. I have risk factors but felt very safe. Office clerks & staff masked. Temperature taken. I was the only one in the waiting room with a mask until I was called back & began my cleaning. My hygienist had her regular mask & gloves and added a face shield. To be honest I think her risk was greater than mine because she sees multiple people.