Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just curious-anyone been invited to a Halloween Party?

[ Edited ]

Thankfully, I have not been invited to any parties this year. It saves me from having to gracefully decline. Most people I know are still exercising extreme caution. It's bittersweet though, because I LOVE Halloween festivities, and cannot wait for the day things return to "normal"; or a close facsimile.😁

I SOOOOO miss non-virtual human interaction at gatherings, but think it is wonderful that some people are refusing to allow the pandemic to steal their holiday joy, by hosting virtual parties.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

I was but I am old and like to be home by 9pm.

Esteemed Contributor

I was but they are always out and about and their kids have had Covid19 twice and everyone else in the family except my friend had it a couple months ago. I told her no, not ready to attend large gatherings.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

Nope, didn't know adults had Halloween parties. Haven't ever been to one in my whole life. A whole lot of parties, but not even 1 for Halloween.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Covid up 44% here......NOBODY I know is having a party

@Desertdi 

***** Virus Cases up, ER admissions down.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Covid numbers are rising at a crazy rate here in Colorado. What idiot would go to a party?  

@brandiwine 

The *******Virus positives are up here also. ER admissions into hospital, are down. More tests, more positive results! Never been to a Halloween party in my life, but! If it were "my thing", and I went, that would make me an "idiot"?  Wonder if those that may be going think others that have declined an invite "are idiots"?  

I have seen no agreement by all the "experts", that staying home is safe for everyone. Caring for others, to me in no way, correlates to my staying home. Hear that all the time, and refute it when I feel like typing.

I will hold back on my longer statements about who is responsible for whom.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not into Halloween so I wouldn't attend one....pandemic or not.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

Yes but declined due to the virus. This was a yearly party that’s always fun, but just didn’t want to take any chances. There was 25 people there and I have no idea where or whom they’ve been near.
Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Covid numbers are rising at a crazy rate here in Colorado.  I don't know any kids who will be going door to door even.  What idiot would go to a party?  It would be really nice if we could care about one another to stay safe and stay home!!  My DIL tested positive yesterday.  She's been going to multiple gyms, and held a jewlery party at a friends house last weekend.  I'm just waiting for the 2 grandkids and my son to get sick.  Thank goodness it's been over 2 weeks since we saw her.  My DH and I both have compromised systems.

@brandiwine  - I don't understand why people like your DIL are going to multiple gyms and parties.  Makes sense she tested positive.

I don't know of any parties in my area.  There were no trick of treaters this year and my 7 year old grandchild stayed home - where it's safe.

I agree with you that it is foolish to attend parties and such during a pandemic.   Stay home and stay safe.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

We are in the middle of a pandemic. Parties are a bad idea.