Honored Contributor

Just curious-anyone been invited to a Halloween Party?

No one we know is even having one.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just curious-anyone been invited to a Halloween Party?

We have been invited but we won't attend.  

Too dangerous.  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

No, I have not.  In fact, I took down all my Halloween decor yesterday since a hard freeze is expected tomorrow morning and, anticipating that, I had to bring a lot of potted plants inside.

Honored Contributor

Covid up 44% here......NOBODY I know is having a party

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

No one we know is even having one.

well good! They would be super irresponsible if having a party right now. I cannot imagine doing so.

Respected Contributor

Both my DDs 23 and 19 who are currently living at home are attending virtual parities with costumes and all.

Honored Contributor

I assume that you are not talking about this year.  Maybe it;s just where I live, but Halloween is pretty much just for children and teens, college age kids.  I haven't been invited to an adult Halloween party since I was in my 20's.  Plenty of kids parties.  I chaperoned my fair share of kids parties at school and at our church.  No parties for anyone this year, of course.  A few of us were planned to take a cake and lasagna to my sister's for her birthday.  She lives in disabled/elderly housing and she called to say that they are discouraging vistors, other than medical and housekeepers and people like that.  Six of us were going, we'll cut it to 4 and not stay too long.  The other 2 will stop by and have lunch with her on Monday.  My sister's birthday is usually the beginning of the Fall/Winter holidays for my family so this was a big reminder that eveything is going to be smaller this year.  

Esteemed Contributor

No, and would't go if I were invited.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Yes & we declined. 

Respected Contributor

Covid numbers are rising at a crazy rate here in Colorado.  I don't know any kids who will be going door to door even.  What idiot would go to a party?  It would be really nice if we could care about one another to stay safe and stay home!!  My DIL tested positive yesterday.  She's been going to multiple gyms, and held a jewlery party at a friends house last weekend.  I'm just waiting for the 2 grandkids and my son to get sick.  Thank goodness it's been over 2 weeks since we saw her.  My DH and I both have compromised systems.