Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just a tip on something so easy

@Pezzie wrote:

When I cut up an expired credit card, or drivers license, or similar items of importance, I do not throw all the cut up pieces in the same trash bin and all at once. 

I hold some back and throw away the rest the following week.  Sometimes I will put it in the office trash, if that has just been emptied, as it will be another couple of weeks before I empty it again, since the office is used so infrequently. 

@Pezzie ,

In the past, I've distributed pieces in different bags as you describe.

But now I put such things into the bags with the "scoopings" from the cat's litter box. With bits of a credit card, I may squeeze the plastic bits into the clumps of cat waste.  💩

(Squeezing from outside the bag, of course.)

Honored Contributor

@Sage04  It's ok, we've all had that happen.  Some (me) more than others.

Our family calls them brain farts😳

Trusted Contributor

@x Hedge  Lol... I like how you think.  

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge  I'll try that.  First though I have to find a small heater.

The Lord (and my friend who helps me) knows where that might be.

I have to call her to get to where my "stuff" is.

I always say, "I don't have junk...just stuff".

Esteemed Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

Then at least with CVS you have the large papers that are stapled to the bag you get your meds in lol. You name and pres number is all over those

@CherryHugs 

I just shoot those paper items with names and other identification info through the shredder.

I wore my old one out a couple of years ago, but ordered a great new shredder from Sam's Club earlier this year. It makes nice tiny micro-shredded bits.

Honored Contributor

Guys... typical me...I didn't explain myself very good.

I meant it didn't have to be label hints.  I was thinking how we all have our own methods of dealing with things that drive us nuts.

please list some of the answers you have dealing with little things in life that drives us all nuts.

The label remover was just one thing.  I was so proud of myself for thinking of that.  

I knew you guys had just as good or better ideas.

So any little things you guys do to make life eas(ire) please let us know.

Thanks.😍

Respected Contributor

I use the guard your ID. I am still on my first set. For me it worked out fine. Would order another set when needed.

Respected Contributor

I use the Guard Your ID stamps for everything.  I can't be bothered going to the trouble of removing labels.  Besides, I use it on more than medicine bottles.  One roll and its done.

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll 

That's what I thought too (I need one of thoe jar openers) til I went to Amazon and looked up Black & Decker Lids Off

$165

$259

$335

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is one just called Electric Jar Opener  for $22....says 'Visit the Besmon Store'

Has pretty good reviews....if you notice on the jar being opened in the pic....the label is in Russian!

I remember QVC had one sorta like it....the host couldn't get the darn thing to work at all!  It was kinda funny.  It was a different design though.

Honored Contributor

The Kuhn Rikon jar opener is one of the most helpful things that I have.  I ordered it from Amazon six or seven years ago.  They still have it.

I also like the Kuhn Rikon Auto Safety Maker can opener.  I ordered that from Amazon, too.  I feel like it's much more sanitary than electric can openers.

28774929-C140-4938-9E33-FE195B3C7467.jpeg8D81B91F-25A4-43C0-AA83-FC57A6C8F4FC.jpeg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau