Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Just a tip on something so easy

I also have that Kuhn Rikon jar opener.  I can get 99% of these jars before I hand them to DH.  I'm another one that cuts credit cards and sensitive mail into pieces, but I just put pieces in random trash bags for that week.  I'd forget before the next trash day.

Respected Contributor

to the op: I agree with you 100%.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

just tear the label off

i make sure my name is gone and drug name 

plus shred it and/or anything else you can. As far as I'm concerned, those little tscotchkes are just more pieces of "stuff" to dust, keep track of, and so on.

I'm with Annabelle.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know this is going in a different direction, but those bottles really come in handy. Those of us who sew can use them to store small items.

I once used a medicine bottle to take urine to the vet. They were so impressed because my son printed a label with our dog's name and we taped it to the bottle.  Washed the bottle properly of course.

Since she's a girl (Sage) it was easy to get the sample. Once she stooped down we put a container under her and got it. I wonder how this would work for a boy. And no, we did not reuse the container.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Sage04  It's ok, we've all had that happen.  Some (me) more than others.

Our family calls them brain farts😳

@Annabellethecat66  I couldn't think of anything because  everything works perfectly for me hahahaahha.

But if anything comes to mind I will post.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Pezzie wrote:

When I cut up an expired credit card, or drivers license, or similar items of importance, I do not throw all the cut up pieces in the same trash bin and all at once. 

I hold some back and throw away the rest the following week.  Sometimes I will put it in the office trash, if that has just been emptied, as it will be another couple of weeks before I empty it again, since the office is used so infrequently. 

@Pezzie ,

In the past, I've distributed pieces in different bags as you describe.

But now I put such things into the bags with the "scoopings" from the cat's litter box. With bits of a credit card, I may squeeze the plastic bits into the clumps of cat waste.  💩

(Squeezing from outside the bag, of course.)

@x Hedge  I've heard of people doing this and some people also use bleach.

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Caligurll 

That's what I thought too (I need one of thoe jar openers) til I went to Amazon and looked up Black & Decker Lids Off

$165

$259

$335

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is one just called Electric Jar Opener  for $22....says 'Visit the Besmon Store'

Has pretty good reviews....if you notice on the jar being opened in the pic....the label is in Russian!

I remember QVC had one sorta like it....the host couldn't get the darn thing to work at all!  It was kinda funny.  It was a different design though.

@RespectLife  Thanks for sharing that information.  That's a yikes for me too!  I need to do some more research.

Trusted Contributor

Another thread that makes no sense to me.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

Another thread that makes no sense to me.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If something does not make sense to me I would just move on, but I like your style,

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Does the white one you pictured really work on mid size to large jars???

I need something for larger jars (pickles, spag sauce etc)

TIA!

For small bottles,  I use my Grannies old fashioned nut cracker I inherited.

Vintage HMQ Silverplate Metal Nut Shellfish Cracker  Tool Skinny Nostalgia