Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just a heads up for people that do not know about Facebook.....

@Ainhisg wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

Your search history is there for anyone to see. I took my account down because of that! Woman Mad 

This is simply not true.  The only people who could possibly see your Facebook searches would be people who have access to your account/password like perhaps a significant other.  Your FB friends can't see your searches let alone someone with whom you're not friends.  

Unless you have not bothered to set your information to private.  Lots of people do not know what SETTINGS is or how to use it.  The account could be wide open!

Honored Contributor

I haven't gone near facebook for at least 6 to 8 months.  My daughter told me all kinds of things about it (all negative).  THAT'S when I decided to stay away from it.

It's sad really, because that was how I kept in touch with all of my friends from high school.  There are lots of us who still stay connected.  It was easy to do.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zhills wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

Your search history is there for anyone to see. I took my account down because of that! Woman Mad 

This is simply not true.  The only people who could possibly see your Facebook searches would be people who have access to your account/password like perhaps a significant other.  Your FB friends can't see your searches let alone someone with whom you're not friends.  

Unless you have not bothered to set your information to private.  Lots of people do not know what SETTINGS is or how to use it.  The account could be wide open!

Even if you have your account wide open for the whole world to see, your searches are still private. As stated above, the only way someone could see your search history is to actually be logged in to your account. 

@apple1964, if you have proof otherwise, please provide links to that proof/documentation. Stating something like this and telling people to "google it" for proof doesn't cut it. When you make the assertion, the onus is on you to be able to prove it's true. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

How do you sign on with a phoney name and address? I always  thought you had to use your real info

..........and if you google your own name you will die of shock at all the info there

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have nothing to be ashamed of or worried for someone else to see on my searchs.  What do you have that is so secret and personal that you would worry if someone saw your searches?  

I never put anything personal on my face book account.  My name is enough. If someone wants to know all about you , all they have to do is google your name and they know right where you live and everything about you.

There is nothing private anymore.

"There is nothing private anymore".... and that is the sad part of all of this. And doing a search does not show the Search history.. But, they show enough believe me I do not need you or anyone else to tell me that. Now I delete the history from my devices right away!  Have a nice day! And thanks for the replies. 

You are so right.  My friends are not on FB and yet if you google their names it tells you where they live and lived and many other things.  You don't need FB to get info on people. They even have a sight if you want to to check on someone you can pay for it and everything comes up abou that person.  It's very scary out there.  Nothing is private anymore.

Honored Contributor

Did you all read Facebook where you go to edit your searches? It says, "Your search history helps us show you better results when you search. Remember, only you can see your searches." Why are you all freaking out over absolutely nothing. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

I don't like Facebook -- I'll never understand why people want their "friends" to know where they're at, what they're eating etc. at all times.  I just don't get it.  I LOVE my privacy.

@Beauty Maven I so agree. I gave up FB many years ago. Letting folks know you’re away on a most wonderful vacay is a great invitation for robbers, etc. My business is just that. If you want to keep in touch? Call, text or email me.

Respected Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

No, it's not.  I did a search history and there is nothing on there because I always delete it every couple weeks.  It says that no one can see my search history but me.

Respected Contributor

I was a FB holdout and didn't sign up there until the last year but I post nolthing personal, no personal photos or information, I do post recipes I find that I might try and political stuff, but that's it for me.  I like the instant messaging feature to keep in touch with friends because it's private.  I have never understood the need for people to post everything they do and in some cases, even their thoughts.  I know of someone who does just that.  She  posts her dreams on there.  I personally think FB is a narcissists paradise  for  those who think the entire world is interested in everything they do, think or say on a daily basis, and there are millions of that type of person out there.  I probably will delete my account within the next year or so because it kind of gets on my last nerve.

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

How do you sign on with a phoney name and address? I always  thought you had to use your real info

..........and if you google your own name you will die of shock at all the info there

@MalteseMomma

I always thought the same thing...... I do not have an account and have thought it was wrong for vendors to advertise and promote products there ahead of time.