Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just a heads up for people that do not know about Facebook.....

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have nothing to be ashamed of or worried for someone else to see on my searchs.  What do you have that is so secret and personal that you would worry if someone saw your searches?  

I never put anything personal on my face book account.  My name is enough. If someone wants to know all about you , all they have to do is google your name and they know right where you live and everything about you.

There is nothing private anymore.

Believe me I have nothing to be ashamed of either.. but, when I saw how far back they go.. I was shocked to see this!

Trusted Contributor

Here's something even more interesting. I am not on Facebook but my husband is. Recently I was researching hotels for a trip. So the next time my husband goes to his Facebook there is an advertisement for one of the same hotels that I was looking at. How does this happen when I am not even on Facebook? Must be a connection of the same last name is the only thing that I can think of. Big brother is truly watching.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@apple1964 wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

you can clear your searches.  Click on 'edit weather's and delete!

I tried that and it did not work for your information.

I just cleared mine.  On Facebook.

Click on the search bar and you should see EDIT on the right hand side.

After you click on it, you should see "clear searches" at the top of the page.  Worked for me.  Good luck!

With normal searches, just clear your HISTORY!

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have nothing to be ashamed of or worried for someone else to see on my searchs.  What do you have that is so secret and personal that you would worry if someone saw your searches?  

I never put anything personal on my face book account.  My name is enough. If someone wants to know all about you , all they have to do is google your name and they know right where you live and everything about you.

There is nothing private anymore.

"There is nothing private anymore".... and that is the sad part of all of this. And doing a search does not show the Search history.. But, they show enough believe me I do not need you or anyone else to tell me that. Now I delete the history from my devices right away!  Have a nice day! And thanks for the replies. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

you can clear your searches.  Click on 'edit weather's and delete!

I tried that and it did not work for your information.

I just cleared mine.  On Facebook.

Click on the search bar and you should see EDIT on the right hand side.

After you click on it, you should see "clear searches" at the top of the page.  Worked for me.  Good luck!

With normal searches, just clear your HISTORY!

Thank you! Just remembered I am working with a CB I will try again. It worked on my LG phone. Have a nice day!

Respected Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

Your search history is there for anyone to see. I took my account down because of that! Woman Mad 

This is simply not true.  The only people who could possibly see your Facebook searches would be people who have access to your account/password like perhaps a significant other.  Your FB friends can't see your searches let alone someone with whom you're not friends.  

Honored Contributor

@abbalulu wrote:

Here's something even more interesting. I am not on Facebook but my husband is. Recently I was researching hotels for a trip. So the next time my husband goes to his Facebook there is an advertisement for one of the same hotels that I was looking at. How does this happen when I am not even on Facebook? Must be a connection of the same last name is the only thing that I can think of. Big brother is truly watching.

@abbaluluEvery computer has a "footprint" like a house has an address.  When you go to a site, the footprint is left at that site.  The site sent the advertisement to names associated with the footprint from other things you've done on the computer in the past.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the "heads-up".

I just removed my "search history" using this:

https://www.howtogeek.com/348044/how-to-clear-your-facebook-search-history/

Facebook states that only you can see the "search history"

However...better safe than sorry.

EDITED TO ADD:  You will have to do this everytime you search.  I just tested it.  This is not a "one and done" solution.  Just remember to do this each day after you are done with FB for the day.

Honored Contributor

don't care....

Esteemed Contributor

@apple1964, is it your internet search history, like what you have searched for on google? Or is it what you searched for on fb?

Thanks