Esteemed Contributor

Just a funny to make you smile!

My daughter has been working hard to toilet train my 4 yr old GS. He has been totally uninterested in the entire concept even though multiple approaches have been tried including bribes.  All of a sudden out of the blue something clicked and he is making great progress.  XMAS eve they were at church in the middle of a packed pew when he announced he needed to use the bathroom.  You know the routine.  Climb over everyone on the way out and on the way back.  Upon their return as he made his way back to his seat he proudly and loudly proclaimed that he had peed in the potty.

Valued Contributor

Re: Just a funny to make you smile!

Out of the mouths of babes.  God bless the little guy.Smiley Very Happy  Thanks for the giggle.   docsgirl

Honored Contributor

When my son was a little guy, we attended Mommy and Me classes. We did all kinds of activities.

Well, he became fascinated with the urinal in the Men's room. He would not go in his diaper. He would wait until he got to the church to go to the bathroom.

He was one easy kid to toilet train. 

Glad your Grandson is proud of himself. You never know what will click with kids sometimes.

Trusted Contributor

I'll bet even the Priest got a kick out of that.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

It's the reward system.  When my 2 yr old was potty training, we practically gave him a standing ovation, when he "did it right".  Then one day, my dad exited the bathroom, and my son applauded him, in a standing ovation, (biggie boy). LOL

Honored Contributor

He's certainly a late bloomer when in that aspect.  I think that's the way it happens when kids are that old and have resisted potty training.  One day, they just decide on their own that it's time and it's like they've been potty trained since they were two.  Same with bottles.  My darling little 4 year old great niece simply refused to give up her bottle.  It just was not going to happen and then one day when she was 3, over breakfast she just announced that she wanted her milk in her cup....and she never drank from her bottle again.  She even threw it in the trash herself.  

Respected Contributor

When my grandson was being trained he was over for the day. He went to go potty. When he was done he said come in Nana we have to say goodbye to it. That memory still makes me laugh.

Honored Contributor

That is funny and so cute!

I figured out by my third child that they will use the "potty" when they are darn well good and ready and no amount of training or bribing or applause will matter. One day, they just get it and decide.

I wished I had known that with my son my first. It seemed like such a struggle. Then when he was 3, he walked in, used his pot like he'd been doing it the past 3 years!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

When my middle son was about to turn 2 I explained to him that he could not poop in the town pool and he must tell me if he had to go. Well the first week we were at the pool a little boy bent down and pooped in the baby pool.The mom wasn't paying any attention. The life guard was very angry, yelled at the mom and used her towel to scoop the poop up and handed her the towel.He yelled at the mom and the pool had to be closed to clean it. Well that event was very upsetting to my son and he decided that was never gonna happen to him and he used the bathroom from them on!  My other two were quite a challenge!  Em