Super Contributor

Re: Just a Market Research Reject.........

[ Edited ]

@vsm  I was posting about applying for a job, @Kachina624 and @PickyPicky2 were posting about dr visits. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Just a Market Research Reject........

[ Edited ]

@vsm  You're right: it is sad. When your opinion about commerce no longer matters; when your doctor does not ask anything beyond a social "how are you", something has changed. Those market researchers are a reflection of how society feels about old folks. It's as if people with white hair are some kind of empty shells, filled with at most a good cookie recipe or a story about the fish that got away.

It's ageism, pure and simple. I confront it ever day and I don't like it.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Just a Market Research Reject........

@PickyPicky3If I had a doctor I didn't like for whatever reason, I'd change doctors. (Given my age and health conditions, I've done so a number of times.)  As for commerce, I vote with my feet and my wallet. Victimhood is not my game.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Blondie59   Today I got the sports, investments, and smart devices surveys. The investments qualifications checklist was so detailed that I wouldn't answer. It felt like I was being set up to be bombarded by financial offer e-mails. Combine it with the detailed smart devices qualifications checklist and my paranoia switch turned on.

I unchecked surveys on the Acme account management page. I think Acme made a deal with Research-Now to sell customer information rather than collect opinions for the benefit of Acme, a grocery I like. Now I'm going to find out if there's a way to block Acme from sharing customer information in other ways.

**** There's an unsubscribe link on the e-rewards e-mail. There's a privacy policy form link on Acme's website. 

Esteemed Contributor

The comment about being over the hill at 45 as A desired demographic is so true!  The funny thing is that in my late 70s I spend way more money across a wide range of products than do my 34 and 45 year old sons ( I also bring in way more than their combined annual incomes).  Maybe marketers need to reaccess  who really spends money!