Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just a FYI - Postage Stamp Price Increase in July

I think I will get an extra book for the few things I do mail....

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop,

Thanks for the info,

Happy Wednesday Cartoon Text Clipart

Valued Contributor

@BunSnoop Thanks for letting me know, did not know that,will pick up a book of stamps before July, seem the last time prices went up I picked up a book,still have that book. I'M not using many stamps as pay everything online, really not sending out many cards either anymore,but if I wait before you know it will be 70 cents to mail something,like the other day my husband had to have an affidavit  notarized and mail back,so there is always that one time a stamp is needed.

Think the postal system is really hurting but I understand the reason, people just have turned to a different way of corresponding with receiving and sending mail.

Trusted Contributor

@BunSnoop thanks for the  info, I oversee our direct mail  so I need to adjust my postage expense projections for the remainder of the year. 

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

I mail out about 10 Christmas cards and 2 birthday cards a year.  Snail mail hasn't been part of my reality for years.  I bought some Forever stamps last winter so I'm set for a couple of years.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh boy! I can see why many pay their bills online. It won't stop me from sending holiday cards though.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the notice, @BunSnoop!

I also use very few stamps, but my supply is beginning to dwindle and this might be a good time to add a few pretty Forever Stamps.

I appreciate your taking time to let us know.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I bought a few sheets of Peanuts forever stamps earlier this year, so I'm good for a couple of years. 

Valued Contributor

Does anyone remember the good old days when you could mail an unsealed envelope cheaper? Just a card, no cash. Or how about mail staying within your own state? Paying a bit more makes sense when it goes across country, not local.

Respected Contributor

Wow, big thank you. Hmmm does that mean our shipping charges here will also be going up?  I'm thinking that's a yes 🤦🏻‍♀️.