Trusted Contributor

Re: Just Uninvited To a New Years Eve Party!!

Our very favorite New Year's Eve's have been the years we have spent at home alone in front of our fire and popping a bottle of wine watching the ball drop in NY!

Who needs her party?!!    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I'm going to hell for.....

LOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gif

"She said she never expected so many positive rsvp responses,& no longer needs us to attend!!"

haha.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

As Chester A. Riley would say, "What a revolting development this is."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

At least OP and her husband will have a funny story to tell for years and years to come..lol

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ

Rude, crude, and totally unacceptable.  Who raised this person?

Be Glad, sounds as though you dodged a bullet

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

she "no longer needs us to attend."   NEEDS you to attend?  Sound like she wanted a head count and not friends.  You are lucky to find out what kind of person she is before you became friends.  I applaud your husband.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Keep in mind that I haven't read the other replies.   There 'has' to be something wrong with the woman, imo. Possibly overly medicated or slight dementia?  (Well, in other words, she's just not 'thinking straight'.) Seriously, 'who does that'?  I would 'keep away' from this person.   Just be grateful that you know how and what she is before you might have built a so-called 'friendship'.  Enjoy your New Year's Eve with your dear husband. Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

When she initially invited you, you told her you really preferred not to go - that you have a tradition of spending the holiday at home together.  She had to "convince" you to change your mind.

Is it possible that she thought about it, felt bad about pressuring you,  and was trying to let you off the hook.  I don't know - clearly, I wasn't there, but otherwise, it's very odd behavior - particularly since she came to tell you in person.

Honored Contributor

Yes, she was rude but I'm none too impressed with your husband.  She delivered the news in person, and the most my husband would have said is that we would go back to Plan A.

Honored Contributor

'Wow' really describes it well, as others have said.

I would be gobsmacked because, really - who does that??

I know that those of us who appreciate manners are a dying breed, but that's pretty much beyond.