Respected Contributor

Re: Just Uninvited To a New Years Eve Party!!

Send her an invitation to your home, when you will be out of town. No excuse needed when she asked where you were,lol.... Yes, I am that vindictive.

Respected Contributor

Wow...that is one of the tackiest things I have ever heard of! Were two more people really going to strain her budget that much?

I don't think you are coming out on the losing end. She sounds like a loser. Who needs people like her for friends?

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

You are better off without her.  

Valued Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

For the last 20 or so years DH & I have chosen to spend New Years Eve home.We have our own little party with champagne, Hors d’oeuvres etc.

Last week we were invited to a New Years Eve party by an acquaintance in our development. We explained to her that we usually stay home.She convinced us to go saying that she would love to spend time with us. Since we could walk the block to her house & not have to drive we graciously accepted her invitation.She hugged me & said she was looking forward to seeing us.

Last night she came by again & said “ I have to uninvite you to our New Years Eve party.” She said she never expected so many positive rsvp responses,& no longer needs us to attend!! DH & I are stunned!!

DH told her that she lacked common decency & to never ring our bell again.He then slammed the door in her face!! 

Sorry for unloading. I’m just so upset!! 

How hurtful. Consider it dodging a bullet. She obviously did you a favor in the long run.

Happy New Year!

Honored Contributor

Your acquaintance takes rudeness to a new level. Am sure staying home with your husband was much nicer than dealing with her as a hostess.