Trusted Contributor

@Pook  That's wonderful!  The stuffed animal would not only be worn but unrecognizable after all that time in my bag.

Honored Contributor

a lighter, qtips, crystalized ginger, small first aid kit, spare cell phone

Respected Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

Scissors...you have no idea how many times I've used them.  My daughter's high school friends still tease me about it.

@Carol Diane, now that doesn’t seem strange to me at all, since I also carry a small pair from my sewing basket in my purse. They are shaped like an Egret... one of my favorite birds. They do come in handy! 

I also carry candy and sugarless gum at all times for the grandkids (as well as myself)... and a couple of my favorite coffee and tea pods in a ziplock bag. Those aren’t available at work, or at some family and friends' homes I visit. 

I have a few Get Well and general Thinking of You cards in one section of my bag, with a small address book and a roll of stamps, just because... I'll leave home, then hear of someone who is sick or down. 

Honored Contributor

I guess the most unusual thing, that comes to mind for me, in my purse would be a loupe.  I also have lip balms everywhere but I don't think that would be an unusual item in a purse.  Smiley Happy

I don't really carry a whole purse around anymore, though, for most quick outings.   If I'm going to the grocery store I just have my little wallet that holds anything I need to have.

Honored Contributor

I have a magnifying mirror, a little larger than a compact mirror.  If I get something in my eye I need it, when glasses just wouldn't be enough. I've used it too.

Respected Contributor

One of those tiny Chinese cats with its paw up. I believe they are suppose to bring good luck.

A polished rose quartz rock my son gave me.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

A tiny bottle of hand sanitizer, my Invisalign case, an injector for migraine shot, and a bag of cat and dog kibbles in case I need to get one’s attention.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@butterfly123

I love the kitty ears on the pink purse!

Fun post. Smiley Happy

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@WaJa61  What a thoughtful gesture to have cards and stamps with you! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@butterfly123

I don't have anything unusual - my backpack is pretty sparse in terms of grooming products - just your hand salve - eye drops - sanitizer.

the majority of the weight is a mega 24 oz of water

yesterday was a little cooler - so I went to the gym with my water and 18 ounces of coffee in stainless steel tumbler - how much can I drink? well - I walk a lot and sometimes I want cold and sometimes I want hot...

on top of that, you know I had to carry my 15 lb pumpkin pot home on the train

yep - new yawkers be craazy....