Esteemed Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@threecees wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

David Cassidy, John Travolta, Kirk Cameron, Hulk Hogan.  Not all at the same time.  LOL

@Citrine1 You met many big stars. Kirk Cameron,  I was crazy for him when he was      on Growing Pains!

@threecees  It was while Kirk Cameron was on Growning Pains that I met him.  I was at a classic car show in Philly and they used to have stands with various stars.  You could shake their hand, take a pic, say hello, whatever.  He was just a kid at the time -- so cute, though.  Oh, I just remembered that I met Lou Ferigno there too.  hahahaha  

That's where I met Hulk Hogan and John Travolta as well.  JT was on Welcome Back Kotter at the time as Vinny Barbarino. Not really a big star yet.

I met David Cassidy at a book signing.  I bought a copy of his book "Come on, Get Happy."

Was it at a race that you met Jimmie Johnson?  I've been to races at Dover and Pocono, but never met any of the drivers.  

@Citrine1 Yes in 2014 our family met Jimmie at one of his Lowe's events at Pocono. 

My son had sent him a letter a few months before the summer race and his people

emailed us and told us that Jimmie would like to meet our family there. We got there early and had a short visit with just Jimmie. It was just us and him, no one else stayed

when he came out to greet us. He came into the room, shook our hands, talked to    us, took some pictures and gave us #48 hats. Then we went out with him to the kids event where they built a wooden race car. Even though he didn't win the race that day, meeting with him sure made our day.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Vincent Price  he came to the Grand Opening of the Haunted House at Old Chicago Amusement Park in Bolingbrook. 

I was on my friends shoulders, I was eye to eye with him.  I was in HS.

@Mary Bailey, many years ago Vincent Price visited friends who lived in the same suburban neighborhood as dh’s family. Dh was young and he and his buddies saw VP there.  To this day, dh says it was one of the scariest moments of his life! He had nightmares for quite a while after that! 😆😆😆

Respected Contributor

I can’t think of anyone. I’m not a celeb follower, so I could walk right past one or be near one somewhere and never know it. While I follow politics I probably wouldn’t notice any politician unless they had an entourage with them. 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh that's a great story @threecees!  Sounds like you all had fun!

Contributor

Carol Potter, the mom on 90210, was in my class in jr high school. She transferred to a private school for HS but returned for our 25th and 50th reunions. Lesley Gore played on the same after school intra mural sports club that I was on, back in the pre Title IX days when that was about all that was available for girls.

Respected Contributor

Ummm...Santa Claus?  I'm a very boring person.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

@Leapergirl wrote:

Carol Potter, the mom on 90210, was in my class in jr high school. She transferred to a private school for HS but returned for our 25th and 50th reunions. Lesley Gore played on the same after school intra mural sports club that I was on, back in the pre Title IX days when that was about all that was available for girls.

@Leapergirl  I loved 90210 and watched every episode. That's pretty neat knowing

someone who starred on a hit t.v. show..

My husband went to high school in  N.J. with Calista Flockhart of Ally McBeal. I

never watched that show but I do know that she is married to Harrison Ford.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just For Fun 😊

[ Edited ]

Art Buchwald, Jose Canseco, Reggie Jackson, Arnold Schwartsnagger, Eunice Kennedy, Maria Shriver, Shelly Long,Farrah Fawcett; many more. Spent years doing fundraising events...oh, the stories I could tell....I sat next to Art Linkletter in the Salt Lake City airport once....does that count too?😎

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Art Buchwald, Jose Canseco, Reggie Jackson, Arnold Schwartsnagger, Eunice Kennedy, Maria Shriver, Shelly Long,Farrah Fawcett; many more. Spent years doing fundraising events...oh, the stories I could tell....I sat next to Art Linkletter in the Salt Lake City airport once....does that count too?😎

@lovesrecess, my husband sat near Lou Holtz (ND football coach) at an airport and a woman approached Holtz telling him she and her family were huge fans and asked for his autograph. Holtz refused, yelling “No!” loudly at her and pretty much everyone stopped and stared.  

Feel sorry for that woman but must admit to not being a fan of LH.

Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

Ummm...Santa Claus?  I'm a very boring person.

You’re not a boring person, @denisemb!   Not at all.❤️ 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova