Honored Contributor

Re: June 2023 Bird's Nest; Babies, Babies Everywhere :-)

hey all

sunny but breezy day wind out of the east, did hang o ut hope clothes dry

got both walks done and sunday chores done

DD is hosting a small dinner party for granddaughter tonight at 5pm. 

that is about all for now later guys.

Honored Contributor

I've given it more than enough time and feel confident that my little Chippy went into hibernation on earth and came out of hibernation on the other side of the rainbow bridge.

Chippy was my pandemic gift.  I'd never had a chipmunk that lived in my backyard before 2020.  Chippy brought me so much joy from 2020 through 2022.

I've read the Eastern chipmunks live around 3 years and that's how long Chippy was my buddy.

Chippy 072922.1.jpg

This is the late picture that I took of Chippy in July 2022. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Monday Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

The baby deer from the other day survived.  At least, some baby deer is alive and well, it could be a different one for all I know.

I saw it with mama this morning headed to the pond--a teeny, tiny little thing.🥰  Mama was very nervous like they always are when the fawns are that young, and she spied me (and the dog) watching her from my window.  That made her too nervous and she turned around and took off, with baby at her side.  Man, are those newborns fast!  They don't have much endurance at that age, but for short sprints they are speedy on those spindly legs. 

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

Aw! Heart

You have a Bambino?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

Aw! Heart

You have a Bambino?

@just bee 

Sharp as always. 👍

So far, just the one that I've seen.  There should be more lurking around somewhere.  Some mamas don't bring them out until they're a little older.

Unfortunately, on my way out earlier I saw a dead doe at the end of our road, hit by car.😢  I couldn't tell if it was a yearling or a mama but I'm hoping that she didn't leave an orphan somewhere.  

Either way, it's always sad to see that.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

had to change my password again qvc keeps blocking me out.

clothes on line.

sunny breezy day comfortable.

ok guys later.

Trusted Contributor

Beautiful day here in Virginia. Usually I don't do much on Sunday,but hubby vacuumed the bedrooms for me and did the bathroom floors. So,I couldn't just sit here,so I decided to clean the bathrooms. Why in heaven 

s name I did all four of them is beyond me. I can sure feel it today,but,my new back brace is helping a lot more than the old one. 
Hubbys gone to the grocery store for me today and I'm taking it easy today. Have a good week everyone!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

Aw! Heart

You have a Bambino?

@just bee 

Sharp as always. 👍

So far, just the one that I've seen.  There should be more lurking around somewhere.  Some mamas don't bring them out until they're a little older.

Unfortunately, on my way out earlier I saw a dead doe at the end of our road, hit by car.😢  I couldn't tell if it was a yearling or a mama but I'm hoping that she didn't leave an orphan somewhere.  

Either way, it's always sad to see that.

@geezerette 

True that. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean wrote:

Beautiful day here in Virginia. Usually I don't do much on Sunday,but hubby vacuumed the bedrooms for me and did the bathroom floors. So,I couldn't just sit here,so I decided to clean the bathrooms. Why in heaven 

s name I did all four of them is beyond me. I can sure feel it today,but,my new back brace is helping a lot more than the old one. 
Hubbys gone to the grocery store for me today and I'm taking it easy today. Have a good week everyone!

@Epicurean 

Hubby sounds like a keeper! ❤️

Enjoy your day off! 😎