Honored Contributor

Re: June 2023 Bird's Nest; Babies, Babies Everywhere :-)

@viva923   I meant to say the other day that I'm sorry your daughter sprung a graduation on you last minute.  My eldest niece does that too.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

My goodness @NycVixen   so nice to see you.  I'm still plugging along with my flock.  Assuming it's God's will (I take nothing for granted) my Grayson will be 14 in July, Presto will be 10 on June 10th and Finley will be 7 in July.  I'm so happy to read that your lovebird is with you and adjusting to a new state.

Honored Contributor

@We rescue cats  Yea, bless their hearts they see a reflection in the glass and think they can keep flying.  I'm sorry for you and the little bird.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  Of course the fence guy didn't show up.  Because the dude has vampire like tendencies and doesn't seem to mind working in the dark I waited until 7:15 pm yesterday and texted him.  I said:  light schedule, appointments in my area, 7:15 pm and no Paxton.  What's today's excuse?

I was asleep when he responded closer to 10:30 pm.  He said there were reasons why he didn’t make it today by at this point there was no reason wasting time to explain things.  He reminded me that I told him in person that I didn’t care if it took all summer to finish the gate.  He went on to say that right after he directs everyone in the morning (today) he was already planning on going and finishing up my gate

I responded to him at 7 am:  More than once in this long text thread you've committed to being here to work on the fence.  The day comes, you don't show and you don't let me know that you aren't coming.  I thought I was hiring a professional company to install my fence.  Do you treat all of your clients this way?  Are there others waiting weeks at a time for progress on their fences?  You’re overextended.  I get it. I fell for the reviews on google Paxton which is why I hired you.  I thought I was going to get a 5 star experience too.  Guess not.

As far as my comment about taking all summer.  Yeah I said it.  It was more in the context of the a**hole McKeon but I’m woman enough to own it.  Be man enough to say Mrs. C this is gonna take all summer. 

He texted me back at 8:58 am and said:  It will be finished today.

So after that bold declaration.....how has the day gone so far?

At around 1:30 pm I saw an unknown blue small hatchback car backed up and parked in my driveway.  I walked out on the front porch and said oooh my chewy order arrived and then approached the care.  I said can i help you?  The guy got out of my car and said I'm sorry I scared you, I'm from White Tail Fence.  I said I came out to throw you off of my property; I wouldn't say I'm scared.

It was a new project manager hired by the fence company 3 days ago.  I said we're near the end - just reset this post, hang the gate and fix this gap.  Guy said Paxton was coming in a couple of hours.  Guy had a small demo hammer in his hatchback - puttered on the concrete around the post, took a potty break I assume at a local restaurant, puttered on the concrete around the post and left.  Don't know when he left - I noticed him gone at 4 pm.  When I went outside to check the progress at 5:30 pm I saw blood on the post.

I don't know what happened and I swear that I didn't hurt him.  No word from the owner and so far he's not here.  

Respected Contributor

It's so nice to hear from you @Bird mama! Wow, I'm so happy your flock is doing well! Smiley Happy My little one's 7th rescue day is coming up later this Summer and I hope to celebrate many more to come. 

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

I'll be a son of a gun. I can't for the life of me believe this outfit. Judge Judy would have a hey day with them. They lie like a banshee. I'd turn the whole outfit into the Better Business Co. This is just incomprehensible. How can you stay in business when you treat people like this? I bet if you were a guy this may have had a different ending. Some men think they can walk all over women and they do and think it is just fine. Well, they met their match with you. I don't know of any outfit that works in the night time on fences. I wish this was over for you.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  Last month I joked with my sister that I was working this the wrong way with prayers and needed to try a hex. 

Our Flag Means Death Ofmd GIF - Our Flag Means Death Ofmd 7sugars -  Discover & Share GIFs

I don't know about God's sense of humor, however I do know Jesus, Mary and Joseph plus all of the Saints have a sense of humor because at one time they walked the planet in human form.

So they know me saying this is a release so that I don't lose my religion and do something that I know I won't regret.

When I told my sister yesterday what happened, she said she was going to pray to remove the curse on me because she's feeling pretty confident that somebody threw a curse my way. 

It's not a curse.  It's lazy, shiftless and unprofessional behavior. I'm too old to have to manage grown people who behave like bratty children.  

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo Just touching base to find out how you are doing.  

Respected Contributor

I live across the street from a pond that has a fence in front of it. A couple weeks ago 8 goslings hatched, and the parents & babies stay close by the pond. I've also seen deer, rabbits, & a hedgehog/groundhog by the pond.

Last week, 2 boys 10-12 & 2 girls 7-9 went around the fence. One boy said he wasn't afraid to go in. Then the boys started throwing rocks & I didn't know if they were aiming at the geese & goslings.

I was outside watering the grass & said, "Do you think it's safe to be in that fenced area? Go home & get your parents so they can see where you are." The kids left immediately, but never came back nor parents.

We also have hawks. Last year we had one hawk. This year I've seen 4 that fly around our rooftops and the pond. I can't bring my 6.5Lb. dog out then, but I go out and try to make more noise than usual to keep the hawks away.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily  I'm grateful for the crows that asserted themselves in the neighborhood this spring.  They must have nests nearby and have kept the hawks in check.  When one crow nest is under attack the crow community gets together and 'mobs' the hawk.  They don't necessarily gather to kill the hawk, they just gang up and beat the heck outta them.