Trusted Contributor

Re: June 2023 Bird's Nest; Babies, Babies Everywhere :-)

Nothing much going on here. We went to get much needed haircuts. Is about eighty four today, tomorrow together up to ninety four 🌞. Daughter is out on the deck practicing her guitar,how I've missed that over the years.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the lovely pictures!

Nature is powerful and beautiful but can be cold especially regarding survival of the fittest. I so appreciate you tried to save the baby with your kindness and caring. 

Honored Contributor

Mary Kay @possummink it's almost as warm here and we haven't had rain in a long time.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I'm sure you look like a doll @Epicurean   It supposed to hit 89 or 90 the next couple of days here.  Seems kinda early for this kind of heat Woman Frustrated

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Your little sparrow story hit me. I hate it when we find babies out of the nest for one reason or another. I was always told that cardinals most of the time only lay one egg at a time? Then they move the baby shortly after birth to another nest near by.

It's so darn hot here the past few days that I can't stand it. We need rain desperately. Weather guy said rain is in our forecast  for tonight. I hope he knows what he's talking about.

I went to the Y today and it was a struggle for me. I am so fatigued that I guess I have to quit writing for now. 

Did fence boy show up?

Honored Contributor

forgot it was June today, wrote my statement in may's thread

Honored Contributor

ok guys am here in june now

not much today

dh did the laundramat run today, lady who opens the mat overslept didn't open it till 745am. got clothes done and folded and put away.

have a super small load of clothes on line 

not much else. house still opened yet, see how day progresses if we turn on air. humid it is but not TO bad as of yet.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Pin by Shelly Fitzgerald on Beautiful birds | Beautiful birds, Good morning friends, Good ...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Hello Bird mama it's nice to see you still have this thread. It's been a very long time since I've posted. I hope all is well. My lovebird and I are still together. We've made an out of state move so he's getting used to the new place and environment. I hope the bag ladies are doing well. I don't see the recurring thread in the handbag forum. Hope everyone in the Bird's Nest has a lovely June. 

~Live with Intention~
Trusted Contributor

I was at my desk yesteray morning and heart a loud bang at the front of the house, when I investigated I saw that a young starling had hit our storm door extremely hard. The poor youngster was beyond help and though they are not favorite birds I shed a quiet tear for the little fella.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)