Respected Contributor

Re: June 2023 Bird's Nest; Babies, Babies Everywhere :-)

@Bird mama  Did the last guy install the gate before he left?

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily   The owner told me that he reset all of the posts that needed it on May 16th.  When you're dealing with lying liars who lie you take copious notes.

On May 23rd the owner and 4 guys who came and went throughout the day rebuilt the fence panels.  Owner told me that night that he was taking the gate rails and pickets to the shop, would build the gate and come out to hang it.  He also learned that he needed to fabricate some kind of gap filler for the north side of the house.  The fence post was a bit too far away from the brick wall.

The weekend before Memorial Day I spent 90 minutes washing the fence and removing ink marks from the pickets.  I noticed the gate post nearest the house was set too low compared to it's partner across the sidewalk.  It was also set back too far and leaned towards the sidewalk like the leaning tower of Pisa.

I tool yardsticks, metal measuring tapes and bubble levelers outside, photographed all that was wrong and texted the owner on May 30th.  I said that I had a couple of questions about a cockeyed post.  He said that he was aware that he needed to reset that one.  He said his schedule was light for Thursday (June 1) and that he had a few appointments in my neighborhood and said he could come by and finish the work.  I agreed.

June 1st came and he didn't show.  When I asked for the excuse of the day later on June 1st, he got attitudinal (I think I made that word up).  He said that he would deploy his crew to their assignments and show up on Friday June 2nd.  His words exactly:  It will be. Finished today.

So then some guy I don't know from Adam shows up in my driveway on Friday.  He tells me he's the project manager and we chat.  Lord I know more about this guy than I needed to.  He was hired 3 days ago and said he was sent first and the owner would be coming shortly.

Guy came in his hatchback.  He had a demo hammer with too short of a chisel bit on it.  He worked with what he had; disappeared for a little while (I assume restaurant potty break), came back called owner, waited a little while, played with the demo hammer, obviously hurt himself based on the blood that I found on the post.  I don't know exactly when he left - I noticed he was gone at 4 pm.  Heck he could have been in urgent care for all I know.

He didn't come back, owner never showed.  Clown show continues.

The gate post in question has been set into concrete.  It needs to be broken out of the concrete in order to move it.  Guy was ill equipped (tool wise) to do anything.  He didn't have my gate or any of the other supplies that would have been necessary to achieve the owner's directive of 

It will be. Finished today.

Lily, this could have all been avoided.  I've been ringing the alarm with the owner since May 4th.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

101 Funny Saturday Memes Will Make You Laugh From Morning Till Night | Saturday memes, Saturday ...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  What a goat rodeo you are going through. I sure hope it ends soon.

All my bloodwork and bone marrow biopsy are not normal but they  can"t pinpoint where the problem is. My oncologist does not want to start any treatment at this time. I will have blood checked every month and go from there. I am so tired all the time. I had an iron infusion at the hospital and am taking an iron supplement. Just hanging in there.

The sun is shining and it has been in the 80"s and 90"s.

Honored Contributor

hey all

Birdmama you sure are being given the run around by that fence company,how they have stayed in business this long is beyond me.

graduation is ok. LONG YES. 411 names called, no speakers. when graduation was over the people began to pound the bleachers,the sounds was deafening.

to get out of the park lot i am guess maybe 1000 people attended the ceremony. we followed the crowd. when i have more time will tell you what happened at one of the corners police were at directing traffic with us.

we made it out to main drag and homeward bound it was. we just didn't want to fight traffic to get to DD house,will see the graduate at the house sunday night DD is hosting a little party for granddaugh.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

on the way home, at one of the cross road corners, a cop was directing traffic. he motioned for us to pull over,we tried to pulll over , he gave us a dirty look and told us move on. we have no idea what he was trying to tell us to do, both cross roads were closed with cop cars so have NO idea what was in that guys mind. just glad to be out of that long line of traffic.we were in the rental car, New Jersey plates maybe that was it, have no idea what that hand motion was.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ever since you mentioned that you were in the hospital I've been praying a novena for you daily @hellie jo   Given your past experience with cancer I've been praying fervently that the bone marrow biopsy revealed anything but that and that other treatments would be explored before chemo or radiation, unless of course the biopsy results indicated chemo or radiation was necessary.

Blood makes the body go honey and when the blood is low then the oxygen can't travel around in it and that makes you tired.  This could be 'old country' thinking so take it with a grain of salt..... Heat thins out the blood so be careful if you go outside.  I know you are tired.  The human body is funny that way - you can get low on blood in what feels like a New York Minute and then it takes for what feels like forever to build it up.

I think of you and I pray for you every day Hellie Jo.

Honored Contributor

Girl you made it through the ceremony and I would have done what you did - avoid the crush and congratulate the graduate on another day @viva923 

Honored Contributor

It has been ages since I've seen a cop direct traffic.  I wouldn't know what the hand signals mean either.  @viva923 

Honored Contributor

sundaybirds_zps0178fae2.gif gif by carmenmbonilla | Photobucket

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~