Honored Contributor

some shocking news tonight

my neighbor lady house burned down to the ground. little bit i know fire started in gazebo next to house and house caught fire and spread quickly.she had a beautiful house,well maintained house. i talk to her everyday.

ok guys later.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon. I got sick on our trip,so it was not as wonderful as I had hoped it would be.Still recovering. The train ride was neat. This morning DH left on his trip with his friends for 3 weeks. I will be trying to get my strength back for my surgery at the end of the month.One good thing is my need for traveling is done LOL Some people are so rude and everyone is in such a hurry.

@viva923  How awful for your friend.Thank heavens no one was injured or killed. Losing personal items that can't be replaced has got to be heartbreaking.

Honored Contributor

Wow @viva923  what a rip from the propane company, even if they ended up refunding your neighbor.  I got natural gas piped into the house and when I replaced my cooktop on Labor Day 2020 I smelled a whiff of gas and couldn't tell for sure which end of the connection wasn't on quite right.  I called my gas company and said, hmm I smell gas.  Didn't take long at all for the gas company guy to show up.  Now, these techs ain't gonna fix anything but at least he pinpointed which of my 2 connections was leaking.

He wrote me up - I wouldn't quite call it a citation - a record of me having a gas leak. I immediately fixed the issue after he left and made a copy of the write up and mailed it back to the gas company.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Betty @yock  good to see you.  They probably need to juice up the freon or whatever coolant is in there.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  You know Leeny now that they have you under care they are gonna look for stuff to fix on you.  I wish I didn't have such a suspicious nature about medical people.... Woman Very Happy  I don't envy your daughter having to look for a new car.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny   If I had a quiet enough place for the mourning doves to nest I would buy one of these for $6 from home depot for them to build their nest in.  At least I would feel confident that the basket under the flimsy nest would hold.

black-vigoro-plant-hangers-hgb14vg-64.0

Honored Contributor

Yea Epi @Epicurean   It was pretty bad on Tuesday around here 90 or 91 degrees and humid as all get out.  We're are going to have a cooler 1/2 of June according the local weather guy.  Like 70's, which is my idea of perfect summer anyways.

Honored Contributor

I'm catching up on posts one at a time.  Holy Mother of God @viva923   I am so sorry to read that your neighbors house burned down.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

Good afternoon. I got sick on our trip,so it was not as wonderful as I had hoped it would be.Still recovering. The train ride was neat. This morning DH left on his trip with his friends for 3 weeks. I will be trying to get my strength back for my surgery at the end of the month.One good thing is my need for traveling is done LOL Some people are so rude and everyone is in such a hurry.

@viva923  How awful for your friend.Thank heavens no one was injured or killed. Losing personal items that can't be replaced has got to be heartbreaking.

@hellie jo   What a shame that you became ill on your trip, hopefully you will recover quickly so your surgery won't be postponed.

Honored Contributor

Oh no Hellie Jo @hellie jo   I am bummed out that you got sick on the train trip.