Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Mourning doves are so gentle and they are such bad nest builders it amazes me that they make it to adulthood.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I wish I could say that I took these pictures @DSD2   I got them off of the internet Woman Embarassed

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I forgot about it being june 1st

thanks for transferring me to new thread

had recheck,eye doctor said my new script was correct. could read 20/20 after all this/that turning of those do-whopper thingys on that eye machine they use to check vision. he said it was WRONG lens material was used.he said there is a huge difference in the brilliant lens (which is what my new glasses were made from) and Verilux lens material which is what I have had for many many years.  my glasses were marked properly yesterday by matthew at the eye glass doc place. they took my old glasses back with markings to send back to eye lens making place to make the new lenses from the verilux lens material. see what happens,they should be back in 2 weeks.

the other item going on around here.my neighbor lady just called.she said she had to call up the propane company that supply our propane for our development.she told them she smelled gas around the stove area in her house. the company refused to come out UNLESS she paid $140.00 up front,she told the company she didn't have the money,she offered to make payments. the company said NO MONEY no come out to check for gas leak.she charged the $140.00 to a new credit card she just got.NO gas leak was found. today she got a call at her work that they were refunding her money for the gas leak call,she is upset about this whole fiasco of what happens if you do have a gas leak and call someone to come out for a gas leak and don't have the money. from what my neighbor lady told me today, no money no check for gas leak.

just got a call from a friend who calls me often that lives a few blocks over from me, she tested positive for covid,she still went to work (she is only person who does payroll for her small company),she got covid from the owner of the company she works for who just flew in from florida 2 days ago to check on her company.

ok guys later.

Trusted Contributor

Your pictures are beautiful Bernie.  I was hoping to see cardinal on the 29th which was my wedding anniversary. They ended up instead at my Grandsons house.  

We we have gone directly into summer. My ac is not functioning properly but they are coming tomorrow to recharge it.  I hope that’s all it will take but we will see.   

Honored Contributor

Re: June 2022 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

@mousiegirl  Mourning doves are so gentle and they are such bad nest builders it amazes me that they make it to adulthood.

@Bird mama   Many don't.  There is a nest in a huge shrub now, can't be seen, instead of out on a limb in plain view, so hope these chicks make it.

I wonder if they were born here, it is said they come back to their birth place to build nests. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama @geezerette @mousiegirl @viva923 @yock Woman Happy

Well here we are at the beginning of a new month. June--!!

Birdie, thank you for the wonderful photos of the little birds.. All kinds and colors. I have not seen a lot of birds yet. Yes, we have our few humming birds and sparrows. Our neighbor is still get Orioles. I think he said he's went through a case of grape jelly. lol

Thank you also @possummink  for your lovely photos too.

I had my appointment with my physical medicine doctor today. Well,it seems she thinks I need some cortisone shots in my left knee, but before I get any I had to have several x-rays of both knees. I hope this is not heading towards knee surgery.. Been there and done that on the right one. No fun at all.. Bone density test didn't look too hot either. I was ready to go and cry some place, but instead loaded the car up with a bunch of electronics and hauled those to the recycle place. DH and I went out to our sick mall's food court and had Chinese.. wasn't too good. What can one expect? It was close to the recycle place so that is what you get for convenience I guess. 

DD got the call today from the garage and they did wind up totalling it out. She is quite upset. It was only a 2019 so now she needs to find a new car and we all know that is slim pickings right now. Isn't life fun?

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

You are so right about Mourning Doves. Poor nest builders indeed. The two we ever had made a nest in a carport that had a low ceiling and when you would open the door and stand up we would almost hit the flimsy nest. The second one built a nest by our front door near the down spout. The kids would be opening and closing the door all the time it seemed. I'd tell them to use the back door, but that fell on deaf ears. Those doves are not too keen.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny   We have bought two used cars, each around five years old with low mileage and in pristine condition, I believe DH found them at an online auction.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl 

DD need to find something that is easy on the gas. Her car was a hybrid and had battery/gas. She travels for her job and needs something especially now that's easy on the gas. I know it's going to be tough. I wish she worked in town, but that is my wish I guess. 

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Leeny   We have bought two used cars, each around five years old with low mileage and in pristine condition, I believe DH found them at an online auction.

Trusted Contributor

I just went outside to our front porch. Hubby bought some ferns to hang out there,they always do good there. I thought I'd sit  on the glider and watch for hummingbirds feeding from our feeder. Well,I lasted all off about 7 mins. Here it's almost 7:30 and it's still over 90 deg.,with humidity so high one can hardly breathe,and this is going to continue for at least a week more. Too dam early in the season for this kind of weather!