Respected Contributor

Greetings Everyone~~~

Just taking a breather and checking in with everyone. Went to the orthopedic doctor this morning, very early. I had a cortisone shot put into my left knee. I hope this will help. This has nothing to do with my fall that I took in March. It's just good old arthritis I guess. Will continue with my physical therapy and will do follow up with my primary doctor in a couple of weeks to see where we go from here on the osteoporosis. I am going in now for a quick nap. 

Honored Contributor

Good Morning all,

It's been fairly quiet in my part of the world these days.  On Sunday I spent over 6 hours watering my property.  With one hose and one oscillating sprinkler, doing this takes time because I water for 15 or 20 minutes, move the sprinkler, water some more, move the sprinkler.  The robins looking for food broke me down and I had to do something.

The humidity started to move out and the temps started to drop on Sunday night so I've been able to open windows and take in fresh air for a few days.  Rain was in the forecast for last night and today and so far the only rain I've received was a gentle sprinkle this morning for about 10 minutes.  Better than nothing I guess and my fingers are crossed that more will roll through as the day progresses.

I went for my annual endocrinologist apppointment on June 17th.  The hospital that processes the blood work notified me of the test results later on that day.  I knew the doctor's office didn't get them on that Friday so I started the clock on Monday the 20th.  I've been logging into the Eagle Pharmacy site every day and no RX has been called in.  I placed a call to the endocrinologist's office yesterday to speak to her clinical assistant.  They used to call that role physician assistant so I don't know what's up with that.  I was surprised to hear a male's voice - on voicemail of course.  My doctor had the same female PA for years so this guy must be new. 

I left my pertinent information and suggested he call in the RX.  As of last night nothing.  Now, I live less than 5 miles from this office and you guys know me well enough that I am not above driving over to the office to see if there is some kind of problem.

I'm far from out of Synthroid.  In 2020 when things with the post office were really crazy, the post office lost my RX and Eagle Pharmacy had to send me another.  About 10 days later the post office found the RX so I've had a rotating extra 90 day supply on hand since then.

Sometimes I wonder why everything has to be a battle.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

really not much today

did normal chores,

did morn walk

hung clothes out.

sure hope your medication quandry is finally resolved soon.

ok guys later

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

You said it, "why does everything have to be a battle?" 

We had a down pour here last night. Thank goodness as my flower basket needed water and that has saved me now from going out to water it. At least for a day or two. 

Tomorrow I go back to the clinic for lab work AGAIN. I am so sick of going I could scream bloody M. Then Friday is another PT appointment at the pool. 

I forgot to mention I have a Baker Cyst on the back of my knee too. I still think all those charlie horses I've had the past 3 years stirred all this stuff up.

You know Birdie I'd do the same thing in regards going over to the clinic re: your medication. I just don't have any patience anymore for lolly gaging. I am too old and frustrated with how things are done anymore.

@Bird mama wrote:

Good Morning all,

It's been fairly quiet in my part of the world these days.  On Sunday I spent over 6 hours watering my property.  With one hose and one oscillating sprinkler, doing this takes time because I water for 15 or 20 minutes, move the sprinkler, water some more, move the sprinkler.  The robins looking for food broke me down and I had to do something.

The humidity started to move out and the temps started to drop on Sunday night so I've been able to open windows and take in fresh air for a few days.  Rain was in the forecast for last night and today and so far the only rain I've received was a gentle sprinkle this morning for about 10 minutes.  Better than nothing I guess and my fingers are crossed that more will roll through as the day progresses.

I went for my annual endocrinologist apppointment on June 17th.  The hospital that processes the blood work notified me of the test results later on that day.  I knew the doctor's office didn't get them on that Friday so I started the clock on Monday the 20th.  I've been logging into the Eagle Pharmacy site every day and no RX has been called in.  I placed a call to the endocrinologist's office yesterday to speak to her clinical assistant.  They used to call that role physician assistant so I don't know what's up with that.  I was surprised to hear a male's voice - on voicemail of course.  My doctor had the same female PA for years so this guy must be new. 

I left my pertinent information and suggested he call in the RX.  As of last night nothing.  Now, I live less than 5 miles from this office and you guys know me well enough that I am not above driving over to the office to see if there is some kind of problem.

I'm far from out of Synthroid.  In 2020 when things with the post office were really crazy, the post office lost my RX and Eagle Pharmacy had to send me another.  About 10 days later the post office found the RX so I've had a rotating extra 90 day supply on hand since then.

Sometimes I wonder why everything has to be a battle.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of food, indoor and text

Honored Contributor

May be an image of wading bird and nature

Honored Contributor

May be a cartoon of text

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

May be an image of tree, nature and sky

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and text that says 'Happy Thursday'