Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm catching up on posts.....

@viva923  See, there ya go Viva, the doctor knows there are some things medicine will help with and others that are just genetic and you do the best you can.  God Bless you with the cholesterol.  My doctor wanted to put me on cholesterol medication and I said let me try doing some things different first.  My numbers came down and he still looked sideways.  Now, I was never in the heart attack any minute range to begin with and I got to borderline high yet still on the edge of normal.  I don't encourage blood work anymore Woman Very Happy  I'm my mother's daughter through and through and I am not gonna let them drive me up one wall and down the other about that cholesterol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@viva923   According to the Medicare and You Handbook for 2022, Medicare covers Pelvic and Associated labs once every 2 years.  Is that what the OB-GYN is talking about?  They want an annual exam and Medicare only covers every 2 years?

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean  We need to get back to making more medicines in country Epi.  So many medicines are made overseas and this is what happens.  I am sorry.

Honored Contributor

Oh Betty @yock   I'm sorry to read this about your niece (via marriage).  Living with a family member who suffers from bipolar disorder is not easy.  May God in His infinite mercy bless Nelson, worst thing that can happen to a parent is to bury a child (no matter the age). Did you get the bladder infection checked out?  

Honored Contributor

Since the last time I posted.... weather was still kind of nice on Monday.  It's been hot and humid since and I'm pretty much staying inside of the house.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows but I'll mention it again - my backyard abuts a really large school field.  The schools are positioned NW of my house so I pretty much have a clear view of the field.

I saw two fawns in the field on June 7th.  They were different sizes so I assume 2 does dropped their kids off at the same place.  I saw the taller one walk along all of the backyard fence line the morning of the 7th.  I didn't know there was a really wee one until the afternoon of the 7th when I saw some junior high kids approaching both fawns in the field.  To say I couldn't wait until school let out on the 10th was an understatement.

I haven't seen the baby fawn since.  Since White Tailed Deer are a matriarchal society, it could be possible that the doe with the taller fawn was dominant and basically gave the 'what for' to the doe with the baby fawn - as in take a hike, this is where my kid is hanging out during the day.

I have a back gate that leads to the field that I keep secured close with a chain.  Once the kids got out of school I opened the gate enough that an fawn could walk in the yard if it wanted shade.  It's not obvious - if you were to look at my gate you would think its closed.  Sometimes I see the fawn in the field from my upstairs windows.  I do have lots of trees that obstruct my view and unless I have to cut the grass I avoid the back fence and gate.

Fawns at this age usually nurse on their moms 4 times a day.  Considering that the doe leaves the fawn for 8-12 hours that baby has got to be thirsty.  If the fawn wants to come in the yard and lay in the shade, its welcome.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama 

I do not always get to read this "column," but I enjoyed reading your last few entries!

My story is about 2 little birds (and gosh, I know my North American birds!) but I am just guessing that they are house finches. They both come to my back kitchen door walkway where some grasses/weeds are protruding through the cement. The female has been busy pulling choice pickings, while her DH stands by and watches. Then they both fly off 2 houses down into a tall maple tree.

They've been busy at this for the past 3 days. I know when they are around; the male chattters so!

So far, though, he hasn't lifted a beak to help her! Other than cheering her on!

How I would love to see close up what's progressing in that tree!

Honored Contributor

hey all

birdmama, yup that is what the gyn appoint was , i was told every year by that office (i did question that) they assured me all would be OK, guess it wasn't. got my medicare statement 2 days ago that is reason for denial of payment TO SOON to have check done. I talked with billing office they said they were aware of the problem and would not charge me.as long as i don't have to pay..

i think my neighbor lady lost her job today,she went to work at normal time,she was home within an hour.

not much else going on,did grocery shop today,not bad at walmart 55 bucks and lidl's 14 bucks. dh has to hit costco tonight,so that is where th emoney is going to go tonight.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

@Harpa   Ahh they are a couple preparing for babies, how exciting Heart

Honored Contributor

@viva923  Oh boy, I feel bad if your neighbor lost her job.  It's never a good time to lose your job and in this economy right now it's really tough.  The Stellantis plant not far from me is laying off and I need to see how many people got notice - it was supposed to start Monday of this week.  For those like me who didn't know who in the h*ll Stellantis is the first time I heard the name, lol, it started out at Chrysler, then turned into Daimler Chrysler (our slang locally for that was Dam* Near Chrysler) and it's now Stellantis.

My nephew by marriage is non union at that plant - he does I don't know what you call it - HazMat or environmental stuff.  He's got some degree in it and I don't understand it, lol.

Trusted Contributor

Got my new meds yesterday,none too soon. Boy,you never know anymore what's going to be in short/no supply. Almost back to feeling like myself,not quite just yet,maybe tomorrow