Honored Contributor

Re: June 2020 Bird's Nest - Welcome New Life

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama 
I am sorry to hear the sad news about your neighbor Bob passing away.  I do remember you mentioning him and his wife.  That poor man I do hope that he is in a better place.  I agree with you about not going to see her and the family especially if they are not wearing masks.  Too bad that they do not see the virus as being so bad.  Sooner or later you will see her out in the yard and you can say your condolences then.  If I remember correctly she is not a nice woman.  It was good that you spoke outdoors to the son.  Hopefully he will tell her that he spoke with you.
Also I did not mean to leave you out when I mentioned staying safe with the rioting and protests going on.  Wasn't sure if it was happening in your area.  Stay safe if it is.
I do not go out much and if I do I always wear my mask. My husband does too. 
I had a telehealth phone appointment today with my family doctor and she too agrees that the terrible cough that I still have is being caused by the Entyvio infusions.  I told her that I could clear out her office or a store if I coughed.  She is going to try one more thing to try and dry up the mucus.  She agrees with my Gastro doctor that there is nothing else he can treat me with for my Crohns and UC due to having had a Melonoma skin cancer.  So we shall see.
Today my husband went out on the deck and he heard chirping.  He went down the stairs of the deck and under the deck flooring was a Robin's nest with all the babies popping their little heads up and chirping.  He came into the house to tell me and looking out the sun room window we could see the mama flying to the nest with worms.  So cute!!! 
@Bird mama wrote:

My nice neighbor Bob that was taken away by ambulance on May 3 passed away yesterday May 31.  I've been praying novenas for him to St Raphael and St Joseph for a very long time and Saturday night I dreamt that his family told me that he passed away.  There was an increase of family visiting next door on Saturday and I just knew when I saw family arriving as early as 9 am yesterday.

I cut the grass in the front yard earlier this morning and more family had arrived by the time I headed out into the backyard.  I saw the son having a cigarette near the garage and I didn't even ask for confirmation, I offered condolences.  He seemed surprised and talked a little bit about Bob passing away.

This pandemic has the potential to make this awkward between my neighbor lady and me.  She and her family are of the opinion that the regular flu kills more people and this is all a crock of you know what.  She, her daughter and son (other son lives across country) visited Bob in hospital/hospice on Saturday and yesterday the entire family (it's big) was passing babies and toddlers around in the front yard and not one of the adults or children was wearing a mask. 

Okay, maybe it's me Woman Wink

I pre-tied my pleated mask and pulled it down before I went into the back yard because odds were I was going to see someone from the family.  I pulled the mask up and kept a 6 foot distance between me and the son when we chatted briefly.  I can't be any plainer when I say there is no way in hell I would visit in person when all those people were maskless over the weekend.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sure that after all of their years of marriage Bob and his wife understood each other Heart  I'm not heartless, I've been a caregiver through intense illness and I know how it impacts a spouse/caregiver.  That said, Bob was the one struggling to breathe and it's not like he got progressively ill to spite anyone.

I'm relieved for him that he is not struggling.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

birdmama,sorry to hear of your neighbors passing. Wear your masks as long as you feel good that what you are doing right. Don't feel like you are offending them. It is you that you have to worry about.

sheet day. Had a few loads of laundry today, could not hang out today. Cloudy, even had a couple spits of rain too.

ok guys later.