Honored Contributor

Re: June 2020 Bird's Nest - Welcome New Life

'THE BED OF ROSES'. Rose Nest painting original bird nest watercolor art by 4WitsEnd, via Etsy  SOLD

@Bird mama 

Bernie.    I am so sorry to read about the baby birds you found on your back patio.   I know young ones fall out of the nest now and then but a bird house is kind of different.   I am really glad one of the little ones was still in there and that the parents are tending to it.   A silver lining!!   

It is still warm and quite humid at this time of night.   I didn't get the back yard cut today,  though I did go outside with the keys.  I just didn't want to do it,  hoping for rain to knock down any dust etc.  I usually wash the tractor down after cutting and it was just too hot and humid though cloudy almost all day. 

The sky's cleared after supper and I was 'bad'.   Got in the car and drove to Baskini Robbins for a double dip of Pralines and Cream ice cream in a sugar cone.   I hadn't had one of those treats in years.   Only drive through and a bit of a wait, but it was so GOOD!!!    That is my favorite ice cream along with vanilla.     Also stopped at the doughnut shop for their Monday special so I'll have a cake doughnut with my coffee in the morning.   

Beautiful sunsets here in our area tonight.   One picture below taken at a park in South St. Louis city,  Tower Grove Water tower is the tall thingy.  One of only 3 water towers left in St. Louis,  

Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor

Honored Contributor

The 3 remaining historical water towers in St. Louis.   All different styles and all very special.   My favorite is the first one,  The Comton Avenue Water Tower in Tower Grove Park.   The other two are in the north part of the city. 

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: text that says 'Happy Tuesday'

Honored Contributor

It's the last day of June It's the last day of June ift.tt/2Xcgdsq

Trusted Contributor

Up too early, thanks to Melvin, needs a snack, he is taken care of .  I too love, love Pralines & cream ice cream...don't have Baskins & robbins close by.. you are so lucky.  love their ice cream cakes too.  Thanks for your beautiful pictures,  Have a wonderful rest of your week...

Respected Contributor

Luvs, I agree it would be super good if we could get Jody back - but I doubt it.

Her husband Tom passed away several years back. She has been living - and continues to do so - in an assisted living facility. She is active every single day - sometimes more than once on FB You can find her there - JoAnne Clarkson. Every day she posts pictures of her sky - often at least twice a day. That North Carolina sky is still as gorgeous as it was when I grew up there.Have not found anyone yet to help but I need to. I had called Davey and he said I had to wait until last night to know if he could do it. I figured he gets his orders from Dad now -  do not know but he never called me. It is so unsettling. I will get it all figured out - I just move horribly slow these days.

Am sitting here waiting for a call from our local nursery - trying to find out what is happening to yet another fruitless Mulberry. Tree. Everything these days you just wait and wait and wait. Have the phone number of a beautician to see if she can start doing my horrible hair.  Will call her later. The gal who was doing it - I knew she was trying to dump me before she said I should not come back  as she did not want me to have any problems. I never had any trouble there or getting there. Her clues were one time she very disgustingly told me I was the ONLY customer she had to give a perm to and also use rollers. What can I say. Then next time I went she was already doing someone. Said to me she had just gotten off to a slow start - do not think so. I had 3 people doing my hair that morning - as she continued with the other person. Both visits had signaled to me she was going to dump me and then they closed all the shops.I knew her Mother well and she has been doing my hair for at least 10 years. Brenda did it for almost 30 years but she passed away - I have missed her so very much. Such is life at times.

Need to go and move a bit and wait for the call about the Tree.

Have a good day everyone

Honored Contributor

hey all

busy day here.

sheet day so big loads of laundry. All done,and put away.

did normal chores, got both walks in.

dh took his car into DMV for tags for 2 more years. He was in out in record time. All done for both cars for 2 more years.

making sloppy joe's for dinner tonight,scratch recipe. Everything in slow cooker.

ok guys will check inlater.

Trusted Contributor

01B6F359-165B-4564-A179-D97E76E51797.jpeg5A74196E-3A3C-4673-B1A9-C028A429BCAF.jpeg
The sun setting, and sailboat going by on this last evening of June in 2020. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

36927787_1365317806945755_5543410002846285824_n.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Look who is in my wreath!   Does anyone have an idea what kind of bird this is?  There were 6 blue eggs and they all hatched.  The day after I took this photo, this little guy left the nest. I am no expert, but think its a sparrow.45B320B1-D5CB-43AF-B144-D0B216C37FED.jpeg