Honored Contributor

Re: June 2020 Bird's Nest - Welcome New Life

Why am I tramping thru the tulips? Ah, I see, H.L. was here and bought 200 Roses.......

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

Look who is in my wreath!45B320B1-D5CB-43AF-B144-D0B216C37FED.jpeg

@Catch71 

Njgirl,   What a beautiful and safe home they chose.   Awesome!! Heart

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

@possummink 

The towers are beautiful!!! 

@possummink wrote:

The 3 remaining historical water towers in St. Louis.   All different styles and all very special.   My favorite is the first one,  The Comton Avenue Water Tower in Tower Grove Park.   The other two are in the north part of the city. 

Respected Contributor

@possummink   This is adorable and so true!!!  Thanks for making my day!!!
@possummink wrote:

36927787_1365317806945755_5543410002846285824_n.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Winifred  
Winifred,  I am glad to hear that Jody is doing well and is on FB!  I do not do FB but my daughter does so when I am over there I will have her find Jody for me.  It has been many years since we all posted on the Bird's Nest but hopefully she will remember me.  Keep working on her to post here again.  Thanks for giving me her FB name.  I always remember her name because I have the same name and spelling but without the e on the end and we use to laugh about it. In the mean time please tell her I said hello.  I too like Nancy live in NH.  I know that Nancy is gone and Tom.  So sad.
I do hope that you hear from Davey and that he can help you. 
I am sorry to hear that the beautician that did your hair did what she did to you.  Perhaps she does not like doing perms but if so she should have told you so.  I hope that you find someplace and someone else to do your hair that will be kinder to you.  You do not deserve that. 
I hope you get some answers to why there is no fruit on your Mulberry tree. 
You take care of yourself and if going slow is what it takes for you to get around than so be it.  Take your time and be safe! 
@Winifred wrote:

Luvs, I agree it would be super good if we could get Jody back - but I doubt it.

Her husband Tom passed away several years back. She has been living - and continues to do so - in an assisted living facility. She is active every single day - sometimes more than once on FB You can find her there - JoAnne Clarkson. Every day she posts pictures of her sky - often at least twice a day. That North Carolina sky is still as gorgeous as it was when I grew up there.Have not found anyone yet to help but I need to. I had called Davey and he said I had to wait until last night to know if he could do it. I figured he gets his orders from Dad now -  do not know but he never called me. It is so unsettling. I will get it all figured out - I just move horribly slow these days.

Am sitting here waiting for a call from our local nursery - trying to find out what is happening to yet another fruitless Mulberry. Tree. Everything these days you just wait and wait and wait. Have the phone number of a beautician to see if she can start doing my horrible hair.  Will call her later. The gal who was doing it - I knew she was trying to dump me before she said I should not come back  as she did not want me to have any problems. I never had any trouble there or getting there. Her clues were one time she very disgustingly told me I was the ONLY customer she had to give a perm to and also use rollers. What can I say. Then next time I went she was already doing someone. Said to me she had just gotten off to a slow start - do not think so. I had 3 people doing my hair that morning - as she continued with the other person. Both visits had signaled to me she was going to dump me and then they closed all the shops.I knew her Mother well and she has been doing my hair for at least 10 years. Brenda did it for almost 30 years but she passed away - I have missed her so very much. Such is life at times.

Need to go and move a bit and wait for the call about the Tree.

Have a good day everyone

Honored Contributor

I'm running behind and will post when the July thread is available - won't be long.

Freddie @Winifred  What a lazy hairdresser.  It's not hard to put a permanent wave in someone's head.  Seriously, my Ma used to get her hair cut the way she wanted it and then permed her own hair.  Her favorite at home perm was Lilt.  When it became hard to find Lilt perms, she switched to Toni brand.

Ma even permed my hair once.  It ain't that hard.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

The July nest is ready and here's the link

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/July-2020-Bird-s-Nest-Respite-from-the-Summer-Heat/m-p/63...

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

quick check in. Ran behind on chores today but eventually did get walk in. Now catching up on what I have to do next.

not humid today but very warm full sun.

ok guys later