Trusted Contributor

Re: June 2019 is here for the Back Fence Group -

I agree Bernie. I feel sorry for these animals. There are other dogs in the area and if they bark once that sets these dogs off. I don’t know how they can bark for so long. It must be very stressful for them. If we go outside they come to the fence and just look at us,sometimes I give them a treat,feel sorry for them. Forgot to mention that they sometimes get out through the fence,it’s wooden. I’m afraid for them of getting hurt.these people are nice,but should not have dogs....

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   I've often wondered why people invite an animal into their home when they have no time for them.  I have more respect for people who come out and say they don't want a dog or cat because they don't have the time.

I've talked about it before, there is a guy down the street who has two cats - Oliver and Oscar.  I don't know how long he's lived in the house.  Last year, near the end of August I spotted the Oliver in my backyard.  The cat was friendly and I picked it up, ran through my house out the front door, with the intention of taking the cat home (there was a collar with address on it).

Cat didn't like that, used my chest as a springboard (gored me in the process, lol) and jumped down to the ground.  I didn't blame the cat and peroxide and neosporin took care of the wounds.

I knocked on the guy's door, let him know his cat was wandering.  It's a beautiful cat that looks like a purebreed.  Guy tells me oh yea, Oliver is cool and likes to be outside.

I was angry and said, I guess you can afford to be benificent about it because odds are it will die in someone else's yard. 

Then I met Oscar - also from the same house.

The lady next door to me decided to adopt an older dog.  I think she was more or less talked into it by her granddaughter after the other grandma died and that grandma's dogs didn't have anywhere to go after the death.

She is never in the yard with the dog.  She never plays with the dog. 

She's finally stopped complaining about the dog - that took a year.

I don't get it.  To me they are like gifts from God, angels on earth.  If they don't fit a person's lifestyle then do them a favor and don't adopt them.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello back fencers Woman Happy   My weekend weather was either cloudy, rainy, windy and for the most part cooler than usual.  I need to buy a new lamp for the family room because the one I've used over 15 years putzed out on Saturday.

I thought the bulbs were burning out in that lamp faster than I remembered and when I turned the lamp on Saturday afternoon and walked out of the room, it must have shorted out because it flipped the circuit.

It was kind of funny - I walked back into the room within minutes and thought why is it so quiet in here.  The lamp and tv were off.  I unplugged the lamp and checked the circuit breaker box thing in the basement and there it was, a flipped switch.

I really liked the quality of the lampshade and hand washed it with some clorox 2 and All detergent.  Hung it over the utility tub and let it drop dry.  I hope I can find a lamp that's been certified with the UL (underwriters lab) label.

I'm keeping the putzed out lamp until I determine if I need to reuse the harp or finial.  

My sister had the day off of work so we went to see the action film John Wick 3 - Parabellum this morning.  I enjoyed the movie.  Lots of fighting and action but not too much gore.

Honored Contributor

I went online and looked at the weather forecast for the rest of the week.  It looks like this today no rain, then rain, no rain and rain all the way through the weekend Woman Indifferent  

That was enough to get me off of my duff and behind the lawn mower.  I just cut the front yard and am hydrating before I go out there and do the backyard.  

I'm gonna count my blessings that I am not in a flood zone and just say that the trees and shrubs are really enjoying all of this rain Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Looks like we are going to get a storm.  It's been muggy all day.   Joe, grandson,texted me to see if Natalie could come over at 4:30 tomorrow while he held soccer practice.  Then get her to church by 7 for vacations Bible school program and he would meet me there. That was an easy yes.  Fun watching the little ones.  Just so I don't have to run a race or something. 

Friday Merle goes in for basal cell surgery.  Hes had many of these done so we know the procedure but this one is right under his left ear lobe and behind the ear. It's pretty ugly so I imagine we will be a few hours why they work on it.  Got my kindle charged up so will try to find a good book to read. After the first cutting all the patients get chatty about how long they've been there, etc.  a long day. 

Some bird outside the sun room is having a fit anout something.   I can't locate it but it is sure loud. I don't see any hawks so don't know what the problem is.  

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, I'm happy to see a gentle rain falling outside my window. 

Yesterday, because rain was supposed to arrive in the early evening, I decided to apply some grass food on the front yard.  I used miracle gro grass food that dissolves in water in one of those canister things that attaches to the hose.

This is my first time using the miracle gro grass food and I was nervous when I read user reviews that said the miracle gro burned their lawn Woman Surprised

I was conservative and set the canister thing at 1 1/2 tablespoons of food per gallon of water.  I figured that the product would have a couple of hours to get going and then the rain could sink it into the roots. 

I went to bed around 11 pm last night and it was still dry as a cork outside Woman Mad  When I got up this morning the grass was a little more damp than the usual morning dew.

Finally, about 15 minutes ago the rain started Woman Happy  I hope this gives my grass the boost it needs.  

Honored Contributor

Happy First Day of Summer.  It is beautiful here today.  Sunny, breezy and in the mid-70's.  Now this is how I like Summer.

I'm leaving some nachos to munch on

Related image

Trusted Contributor

very warm and a lot of humidity today.

something ate my parsley again.wondering if it’s the chipmunk maybe. 

I have been nothing feeling well all. My IBS is acting up,I also have to have an ultrasound of my kidneys and bladder because of my blood work. Vins torn tendon is still bothering his foot. he sees a surgeon in July. I’m worried about that. I don’t think he has any idea how long it will be to recover from surgery if he has to have it done. Well see what’s what when we know what’s going on if anything with the both of us. Aging is not for sissies 🥴

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean  oooh, prayers being directed to your kidneys and bladder.  I'm already praying for your IBS.  Vin either listens to the doctor or he ends up permanently limping. 

Trusted Contributor

thanks Bernie,

vins tear looks healed on the MRI,but’s his foot Dr. said there is a lot of swelling/liquid. Hoping the ortho. Surgeon can come up with an alternative treatment other than surgery.