Trusted Contributor

Re: June 2019 is here for the Back Fence Group -

• Berne, you are awesome.  One time when I was much younger I decided to paint the strip between the garage and house on the roof. Got up just fine but when it cane time to try to get on ladder to get down, my neighbor came home for lunch. No way was I gonna let him know I wasn't sure how id get down that ladder.  He didn't usualky come home for lunch and he didn't stay long. But by then my knees were weak.  I scooted to ladder on my butt, flipped over and searched for the top rung with my foot. I  hung on for dear life and got off if.  Never did that again 
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama a landscaper told me dandelions are a sign of healthy soil. I don't mind them either but my neighbors are kind of fussy. I only spray every three years so I always have some in the yard.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG  I bit my tongue with my neighbor because I was in her house at the time telling her about the upcoming tree pruning.  She was going to need to make sure her car was not under where the guys were cutting.  Had we engaged in conversation over the fence I promise you the conversation would have gone very differently, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

My other comment about dandelions is that they are a short term "nuisance". Up here, they appear around May 15 and are mostly gone by June 1. I just can't get worked up about them. Now thistles are a different story!

Honored Contributor

How in the heck did I miss a day at the Back Fence? 

I guess I had nothing exciting to report.  We had rain 3 times yesterday and I was happy that the first rain didn't roll in until 20 hours after I finished sealing the chimney crown.  The rain that came in the evening was a real drencher.  

I don't know what I ate yesterday that set off my stomach.  It's right below where my ribcage comes together so that must be right at the top of my stomach.  I can't say that I have a stomach ache.  I'm just aware of my stomach.  I took a tums yesterday for the first time in years.

I slept fine last night.  I'm still aware of my stomach though  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

How in the heck did I miss a day at the Back Fence? 

I guess I had nothing exciting to report.  We had rain 3 times yesterday and I was happy that the first rain didn't roll in until 20 hours after I finished sealing the chimney crown.  The rain that came in the evening was a real drencher.  

I don't know what I ate yesterday that set off my stomach.  It's right below where my ribcage comes together so that must be right at the top of my stomach.  I can't say that I have a stomach ache.  I'm just aware of my stomach.  I took a tums yesterday for the first time in years.

I slept fine last night.  I'm still aware of my stomach though  Woman LOL

@Bird mama   It could be the pancreas.  If you get shoulder/back pain as time goes by, get that checked out.  Remember when I spent three days in the hospital due to acute pancreatitis?  That was weird because there was no reason anyone could find for it.  It began with the back pain, but it was gradual and I assumed it was due to my lifting heavy pots, etc., so ignored it until one evening the pain was where you described it and it was excruciating, so went back to a doctor, changed doctors after this because my regular missed the symptoms and sent me home with some inappropriate med which I did not take, and fortunately she wasn't in that Thursday when I went back, so chose the doctor I saw that day, she immediately ordered the correct tests.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  hey mousie, mine felt more like sour stomach or indigestion.  You know, kind of irritated but not really sharp pains. Maybe I ate something that hit me the wrong way, I don't know.  

Trusted Contributor

June already? 

Birdmama,you are brave getting up on the roof. 

Its nice today,finally opened the windows.

after a couple of tries we finally got mr groundhog. The first time we got a squirrel,he enjoyed the food in the trap. Today the groundhog ate the rest of my parsley,so we moved the trap closer to the house and got him. My hubby and neighbor took him to a wooded area and let him loose,we would never hurt a harmless animal. Hope he’s happy.

yesterday our oldest grandson turned 18. I feel so old,😁.

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad that you were able to rehome the groundhog @Epicurean 

Honored Contributor

It's pretty nice here today - breezy, sunny and 80 degrees.  As soon as AM Style was over at 10 am (my time) I got started on the lawn mowing.  I was outside a few hours and also applied some roundup total vegetation killer to the expansion joints in the driveway and sidewalks and along the chain link fence.  I get nervous using that stuff so I took it nice and slow.

Presto is sitting on my right collarbone right now Heart  She had her bath after I came in from the yard work and she's relaxing.

So far so good - she has not laid an egg yet.  This time last year she'd already laid 6 eggs.  I try to keep busy so she doesn't view me as a mate.