Honored Contributor

hey all

birdmama, yup that is so gosh darn stupid, stay up all day and stay up all night to do wash,bathing,dishes,floors. anything for the almighty buck.

mowed the lawn today, outside by 8am, got lawn done before heat set in.

hung out a huge load of laundry, 

ok guys  later.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

It's been warm (real feel 88) and mostly sunny all day.  Something told me to check my city's website to see what the new water rates were going to be effective July 1st.  I feel for folks who don't go online... It sounds like the city is going to start installing smart readers on the water meters this month.  Starting in January and going until 2024, they will replacing everybody's water meter inside the house.  Joyful, lol.

We're also transitioning from quartely bills to monthly bills.  Apparently residents get a lower rate if they use water between midnight and 5 am (non peak hours).  What a raving crock of (you know what).  

On the bright side, I received my lock n lock TSV or Big Deal or whatever it was (cooler bag and 3 containers) yesterday.  I like it.

@Bird mama  There has been a request issued that people don't use water during peak hours, i.e., dinner time, crazy!  I am still working on the previous draught order, somewhat, only washing clothes on Wednesday and Sunday, but will still water outside normally.  I have always been under my quota.

Honored Contributor

Re: July Birds Nest 2021

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama   Late afternoon yesterday I went to the front walk to move the sprinkler, and I saw two small doves so was talking to them, standing still, when all of a sudden a parent, from the nest under the roof eave which is just outside my bathroom window, rrem and hear the cooing for the other parent to return to the nest, flew off which caused the two kids to take flight, skimming my head, I could feel it in my hair, so ducked, lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  a large part of the suburbs of Detroit get their water from Detroit.  I grew up in Detroit and always thought it was the best water in the whole wide world to come out of a tap.  I've been in my house 20 years this November.  When it comes to cost I never had a problem paying the water bill when I lived in Detroit or when I moved out of Detroit.

What sends me up one wall and down the other is the way my city BS's people.  Over the years I've checked out what the latest propaganda was gonna be to justify rate increases.  Some years they said we negotiated a decrease in the cost of water from the Great Lakes Water Authority (mandated by Detroit bankruptcy court) however we're still hiking your rates. 

Last year when they hiked the rates they said, wow water consumption has been going down for years and we need to hike rates.  Then they ask for voluntary water restrictions - like water grass on odd numbered days if you have a odd numbered house address.  Okay so they are complaining water consumption is down and you want to decrease it further.

Another thing - they have a minimum bill.  I'll explain it with this example.  There is a minimum of $35 per month lets say for the cost of water, whether or not you use $35 worth of water.  They are getting rid of that because the snowbirds who are outta town almost 6 months of the year screamed what am I paying you for?  I'm not even in the state.

They did a study last year.  How stupid is that.  You decide to do a study during a pandemic year when nothing is normal.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today

the radio dj's said it would be a swamp a** day here, very hot and humid and tomorrow even more humid.

wash just finished. not much else.later guys

Honored Contributor

hey all

son in law is coming home from hospital either tonight or tomorrow sometime.

dd is on the prowl for disinfect wipes.doctor said they must have buckets ready for hourly-daily washdown of handles,bath fixtures and such. masks required at all time if he interacts with the kids or dd at least that is what i understood.

put out an sos call to my church to see if they have any wipes they can give to us. am giving her what i have on hand  will find out on monday all people were gone at much church already today.

ok later guys

Honored Contributor

I haven't been seeing any shortage of disinfecting wipes here in Michigan @viva923   I've used brand name (Clorox) and store brand (Staples, Office Depot, Up and Up - Target brand). I think wearing a mask when interacting with anyone is a great idea.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here

did a short walk,tohot for long walk

hung out clothes.

not much else right now,later guys

Honored Contributor

Yesterday was kind of hectic and just a little emotional.  I made an appointment for Frances the pigeon with a veterinarian that is pigeon friendly and works with a local wild bird rehab place.  Even though Frances is healing and thriving I need a professional opinion regarding long term prognosis. 

The veterinary practice continues to follow covid 19 protocols that they put in place last year.  What this means is that I will have to hand Frances off to someone I don't know for Adam.  This is so opposite to how I've operated my entire life.  That said, I prayed for help and I'm getting access to a doctor that doesn't look at some wild birds like they are a dime a dozen and not worth the effort.

Also, my sister had her entire exhaust system replaced from catalytic convertor to tail pipe so she and I went on a Wally Palooza and visited a few Walmarts yesterday afternoon Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

hey all

birdmama, wow you went shopping at wally world hope it was fun in a way

not much here

did chores, storms rolled thru last night nw breeze, cool and comfortable, windows open,fans in windows just delightful.

ok later guys