Honored Contributor
@Bird mama, glad that's over for you. I don't blame you for pushing the next one off to 3 weeks. Good luck and take it easy, if you can.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor
@Bird mama, by the way, what happened when you got home?
Honored Contributor

Re: July 2024 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

@Snicks1  nothing exciting happened when I got home, lol. 

Somewhere along the way, probably a year or two after my husband died I started looking at my house like it was my sanctuary.  After work I used to used to pull into the attached garage, walk a few feet over to the mailbox and grab the mail muttering sanctuary, sanctuary.  There's something about having doors that separate me from all of the crazy ******* that makes up the world that makes me feel safe. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Somewhere along the way, probably a year or two after my husband died I started looking at my house like it was my sanctuary.  After work I used to used to pull into the attached garage, walk a few feet over to the mailbox and grab the mail muttering sanctuary, sanctuary.  There's something about having doors that separate me from all of the crazy ******* that makes up the world that makes me feel safe. 

@Bird mama   That is why I am a hermit, lol.  I am glad you are progressing.

Honored Contributor
Yesterday I pulled more weeds and burned a brush pile, even though it was hot out, again. I wanted the brush gone before the 4th, don't need a target for someone to decide it would be "fun" to shoot fireworks into it, in the middle of the night. Then we had heavy rain overnight and continuing off and on today, so today is my rest day, other than a store run. Hope you all have a nice day.
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Bird mama 

Exactly how I feel!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@Bird mama   That is why I am a hermit, lol.  I am glad you are progressing.

@mousiegirl 

Me too!👍☺️

Honored Contributor

I was outside with the dog this morning before the intense heat strikes.  We were just standing on the sidewalk near the house.  A Mississippi kite came soaring through within just a few feet of us and was just about to land when he seemed to look around and say to himself, "Yikes! 😱  I'm not alone!" He turned around before he hit the ground and split.  😂

Beautiful and graceful bird.  I'm glad he gave me an up close and personal view--something I rarely get with those guys.🤓

Honored Contributor

Pin by Kimbraov on Wednesday Greetings & Blessings in 2020 | Good morning wednesday, Happy ...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Time for a general health update at the nest.

@viva923  what's the word on the toe?  Have you decided yet?

@Snicks1 Am I cracking up or did you have an appointment with a different physician group who was supposed to explore the fainting?  If so, how did it go?  Did you feel like you were being listened to and taken seriously?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise