Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

I left a message on Community thread. I can only use my eyes for a short while right now. Surgery took 10 and1/2 hours.When I woke up I could not see.I was told that happens because of your head being lower than the rest of your body and your eyes dry out.I can see now,but then it gets blurry They did find cancer but are sure they got it all.I will continue to go to the cancer center to be monitored.No chemo or radiation thank heavens.Just have a lot of healing to do.I will check in now and then,not much posting yet. 

Hope this finds everyone well. Thank you for your prayers and caring.Love Hellie

@hellie jo  It's so good to hear from you.  Great news that no further treatment is indicated, big relief, I am sure.

Rest all you need to heal properly, huge surgery, I am sure you are glad it is over.

Honored Contributor

hey all

really not to much today

did normal chores

did both walks

was opened up today but closed up this afternoon, to humid and heat wasn't bad just humid.

hung clothes out today, lousy day for drying outside to much humidty and little wind. 5 items did not dry, 4 washclothes and 1 white cleaning towel.they are in the dryer ready for next dryer load.

ok guys later

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

These sparrows that are nesting and laying eggs and losing some of them is a sad situation. I am thinking this couple is sort of new at this. They remind me of Martins that can't make up their minds when it comes to picking out an apartment. lol. I hope they get better at making a safe nest for their babies. 

@Bird mama wrote:

Update on the sparrow couple.  As far as I know, the female laid two eggs in the brown birdhouse.  One egg, at the yolk stage fell out of the house and cracked open on the patio.  The other egg hatched, it was a female and it has fledged.

Female and male mated and seem to be interested in the white house this time.  So far, one egg at the yolk stage fell out and cracked on the patio.  I have no idea how many eggs were laid before or will be laid after.  All I can do is listen for the chirps.

It was a fabulous day for line drying.  It was cool, sunny and breezy and I had a great wash day Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama @mousiegirl @Epicurean @viva923 @geezerette 

I am in a quandary right now and I can't seem to get any true answers.

As you know, I've been diagnosed with osteoporosis and I see my primary doctor on Tuesday. I know the endocrinologist wants me to begin taking either Forteo or Tymlos. I've questioned my pharmacy, but can't get a cost until I get the prescription. I've heard this is quite an expensive drug.

Walmart couldn't give me a cost either without a prescription. I think this is ridiculous. My patience is getting thin on this whole thing. 

Not only that, but the side affects I've read are a bit scary. Any help or suggestions would be a huge help. Sometimes, I'd like to just throw in the towel, but..... I can't find the towel...Woman Frustrated TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: July 2022 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

@Leeny   I wish I could help, but have no experience with the issue.  I think it is crazy that no one will give you a price. It may be that the cost fluctuates so no one can give you a cost until you order it.  You could always cancel the order if the cost given is too much or not covered, I did this once.  Do you know if your insurance will even cover this med?  I have been taking calcium supplements for twenty-five years after my hip replacement.

When I began taking Andrew Lessman's supplements, I did not realize that he puts calcium in most of them, so I discovered last year that my calcium was high, but took me a while to figure this out.  I stopped taking the calcium supplements as I get plenty from other supplements and food.  I try to balance, the supplements with 300mg, I stagger, every other day.  My level had dropped considerably at the last test earlier this year, so I am on the right track.

I also build bone with going up and down stairs and the heavy duty gardening I do, but of course, you are not able to do that, and I don't foresee being able to do it until I drop, though would love to.

Trusted Contributor

leeny ,go online to Good RX.com. Type in any drug your looking for it will tell,you how much all of the chain pharmacies charge for that RX. Good luck

Honored Contributor

Re: July 2022 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

@Leeny 

I don't have any suggestions for your RX problem either, but I can imagine that if the suggested drugs are "name brand" like are advertised on TV, they'll be outrageously expensive.  

It's utterly ridiculous that you can't even get a price range for medication before you actually have a prescription for it.  I won't go into what I think about our medical and drug insurance in this country.

I don't take many RX drugs, so I have little experience with how the insurance pays.  But I second @Epicurean's suggestion about trying Good RX to get an idea about prices at the pharmacies in your area.  

Another thing I would suggest is asking the doctor/nurse or whoever would be prescribing the medication.  They often have no idea about prices, but if you tell them that it may be a hardship for you, sometimes they can offer alternative options.

Good Luck.

Honored Contributor

hello all

dh went to dentist his morn for his new impressions. the new lab that is making the bridge work asked the dentist to do several things to dh teeth prep them for bridge take impressions and ship impression to them. so that is what dentist did. the old lab the dentist was using doesn't make this new kind of bridge work dentist wanted for dh teeth,so dentist had to find a new lab to do the work.

not much else. did normal chores, did morn walk

clothes out on line, windows open today before heat builds tomorrow for air cond to return.

ok guys later

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Thanks for your input. I know my doctor will be advising me to take Vitamin D and Calcium supplements. This worries me too, since I have several kidney stones in my right kidney. 

Yes, my drug plan covers both of the drugs I mentioned, but again only that they are in tier 5 which is the highest tier, of course. I believe my portion is 25% of the cost. Again they don't tell you what the cost is.. Frustrating for sure. I'll maybe find out tomorrow when I see my primary physician. 

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Leeny   I wish I could help, but have no experience with the issue.  I think it is crazy that no one will give you a price. It may be that the cost fluctuates so no one can give you a cost until you order it.  You could always cancel the order if the cost given is too much or not covered, I did this once.  Do you know if your insurance will even cover this med?  I have been taking calcium supplements for twenty-five years after my hip replacement.

When I began taking Andrew Lessman's supplements, I did not realize that he puts calcium in most of them, so I discovered last year that my calcium was high, but took me a while to figure this out.  I stopped taking the calcium supplements as I get plenty from other supplements and food.  I try to balance, the supplements with 300mg, I stagger, every other day.  My level had dropped considerably at the last test earlier this year, so I am on the right track.

I also build bone with going up and down stairs and the heavy duty gardening I do, but of course, you are not able to do that, and I don't foresee being able to do it until I drop, though would love to.

Respected Contributor

@Epicurean 

I've already done that. Sadly to say the information is all over the place. I've seen anything between $2,000.00-$4,000.00

Those prices make me just cringe. I'd be in my donut hole before long. I keep getting told before I get a price, I need the prescription. 

@Epicurean wrote:

leeny ,go online to Good RX.com. Type in any drug your looking for it will tell,you how much all of the chain pharmacies charge for that RX. Good luck