Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

May be an image of bird and nature

Blue bird peeking out of a house on my cousin's home property in OK.  

@Bird mama 

Bernie,  Thank you for our July perch/home/nest.   It's raining a bit here, much needed but sultry as heck.   I'll take the rain any day over the blistering hot sun we have had.    My trees, plants and even the birds are happy with the rain.   Not fun to see birds sitting on feeders with the beaks open due to the heat.   Need the watering places filled often for them but the darn raccoons get in there and 'dirty' up the fresh clean water.   Grrrrr.  

Honored Contributor

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'LOUE YOU 2 Juillet Ephéméride Seasonal alendar'

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely nothing going on here,guess that's a good thing. It's unbearable here today and is to last st least for a week. Temps over 90. Heat index over 95+ all week,even to awful to sit out on the deck. 
well,I sure did something to my back,  I spilled some water and instead of squatting down I bent over to dry it up. I felt something pop! Could not take a step.hubby got my cane,which I don't use at home. Barely managed to walk to the living room from kitchen. It has improved,but still bothers me,even when doing nothing. Slept with ice pack last night. Hoping it will heal by itself,it sure felt like a disc problem, we'll see.

Respected Contributor

I know I am Early, But Happy 4th Of July 

500+ Fireworks Pictures | Download Free Images on Unsplash

Respected Contributor

@Epicurean 

I stopped bending over a long time ago. When something I've spilled, I take paper toweling and wipe it up with my foot, yes I have a shoe or sandal on. Anything to save the old back is my motto. I can't squat or kneel so that's my quick fix solution Woman Frustrated And lifting is another no no for me. I hope your back is feeling better. 

Honored Contributor

It's been sultry here too and just when I thought I might be able to open some windows tonight I heard fire crackers going off...in daylight.  Anyway I don't want my birds inside to have a rough night sleeping because folks around me go hard with the firecrackers and fireworks so I'll leave the A/C on.  Maybe it will be cool in the morning and I'll air the house out then.

@Epicurean  I'm sorry you popped your back.  

@Leeny  I've also done the paper towel with the foot thing. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor
Testing
Trusted Contributor

Boy they sure can make it hard.  I still havent received permission  to drive by myself. What a pain I just need to get some bananas to keep potassium up.   And to add time new experiences a sleep  mask.  I can't get to sleep so I don't know if that comes with experience or not.  It was shooting so much cold air I was afraid of ice cream headache.  I think I got that solved. Then I had to find magnetic snap. Finally did it by then I wasn't sleepy. I'm trying to remember so many new things that I'm stimulating my brain or at least that's what I tell myself.  I start seeing the docs after the 4th.  He was so sure the mask would help with leg swelling. Of course I've only had it two days.   
Ok I'm done whining.  But I swear if that doc doesn't call I'm going to wait til everyone goes back to work and drive myself the half mile to store.  Lol

Trusted Contributor

leeney,I usually also clean up spills with my feet,just sometimes automatically bend over. Never had this happen so painfully! Probably a disc problem as they are slowly wasting away.