Honored Contributor

July 2021 Back Fence: Trying to Avoid the Summer Heat :-)

Welcome friends old and new to the Back Fence for July.

Two Men and a Little Farm: SPLIT RAIL FENCE FLOWERS INSPIRATION THURSDAY

We've had rain in Michigan every day since last week Friday.  It's been oppresively humid and I think we are in for a two day break before the temps ramp up again.

As long as I get a chance to open windows to get fresh air in the house and I have a day when I can mow the grass, I'll be happy.

I've been mowing every 2 weeks however with all this rain.....

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: July 2021 Back Fence: Trying to Avoid the Summer Heat :-)

hello all

I am here

not much today

did chores

did walk

washed small load clothes did hang out.

keeping eye on sky, storms just west of us bring us much needed rain and a relief check from the heat.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here today

did chores,did walk,have clothes to fold

heavy duty storms moved thru later yesterday afternoon.really rocked the boat, funnel clouds set down in both delaware and new jersey,did some damages in both states.

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, sorry I've been MIA, I'm helping my sister with an injured bird.  'Alex' is at my house right now for rehab.  My sister works full time and Alex the bird needs more intensive treatment and it's easier to have him/her with me onsite than to drive back and forth.  

Honored Contributor

hello all

birdmama so glad you can help nurse Alex back to health. it is easier to have the bird close by. dh said the roads were awful yesterday coming home, some of the roadways he was down to 5-10mph, normal speed is 60+mph. many people heading to the shore towns. 

anyway. not much else. did chores,did walk,hung clothes outside, all taken down and put away

can smell rain close by. see all later

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here today

mowed today,another heat wave building didn't want to try doing during the height of the  heat wave.

did take a shorter walk today.

not much else later guys

Honored Contributor

Hello and Happy Independence Day Woman Happy

I finally got back into my usual groove or routine yesterday.  I did the grocery shopping in the morning - yikes - I rarely shop on Saturdays since I retired 3 years ago.  I also mowed the front and back yard.  I've been doing it every 2 weeks however we got so much rain for nearly a week straight  the grass started getting unruly.  I also knew the temps were gonna skyrocket again - they did  90 degrees today -  and really who likes to cut the grass in that kind of heat?

My sister came over for 4 hours this afternoon to celebrate the holiday.  We ate inside because again it was ugly hot outside (to me).  She did the cooking and my goodness I'll have left overs for a few days.

We had sloppy joes, corn, baked beans and macaroni salad.  Of course while I was heating up the food we nibbled on Better Made (Detroit brand) regular and barbeque potato chips. For dessert she bought a dutch apple pie from some company that's supposed to be the shizzle named Achatz handmade pies.  I think they're overrated and today so did my sister.  At least the vanilla ice cream we had with the pie was good. 

Suffice it to say I am stuffed.

Honored Contributor

hello all

longer story is on summer thread.

my daughter called this morn. her husband was called from johns hopkins this morn. a donor kidney was found for him get to hospital ASAP. we live about 3 hours from hospital. anyway. son in law's dad drove him to hospital

daughter stayed home with the 3 kids.

know daughter and husband have a cordial relationship, i don't go into much with my daughter about her marriage. i do now know they are even married any longer.

all i know is he did ask my daughter what he should do.she told him to go do it and fight with everything he had in him for the 3 kids.

the donor was a 40  yr old male who passed in an accident,that is all i know for now.

later guys

Trusted Contributor

Re: July 2021 Back Fence: Trying to Avoid the Summer Heat :-

Good news for your son in law, Viv.  Prayers for his complete, successful surgery.   

Honored Contributor

@viva923   I pray that the transplant surgery is successful for your son in law.