Honored Contributor

Re: July 2021 Back Fence: Trying to Avoid the Summer Heat :-)

Betty @yock  the last time I renewed my DL was 2018 I think.  I have a huge floater in my right eye and when it gets into my field of vision it can take weeks or months for it to shift.  Wouldn't you know when I had to renew my DL in person that flippen floater had moved in my right eye a couple of weeks before.  I was sweating bullets and praying when I took the eye exam. I got through it but it was stressful.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey guys

those safe licenese,is this the one for flying and such? Delaware went to those years ago. we had to bring paperwork galore for getting new liceneses. our dl are coming up for renewal in 3 years. we now have 8 year in between renewals.

heat humid hot today

did chores,did walk,huge load of clothes on lines today

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

I don't know about smart licenses @viva923   Michigan had an enhanced license called RealID.  Back when Michigan Secretary of State was promoting it I thought it was going into effect late 2020.  From what I was reading the implementation date for RealID was postponed until May 3, 2023.

Here's what it is:

What is REAL ID and why is it happening?

The REAL ID ACT is the post-9/11 federal requirement that sets higher security protocols for the production of driver's licenses and state ID cards, including the use of features to prevent illegal copying or altering.

Who needs a REAL ID?

Anyone who plans to travel by air within the United States or enter certain federal facilities such as military bases or nuclear power plants will need a REAL ID document.

What is a REAL ID document?

The good news is many people already have a REAL ID document, such as a valid U.S. passport, a DHS Trusted Traveler Card or an enhanced driver's license.

Because this was originally going into effect in late 2020 and Michigan driver licenses are valid for 4 years, I went for the RealID version of the driver's license when I renewed in 2018.  To get it I had to bring my existing driver's license at the time, my birth certificate and my marriage certificate because my last name was different than the birth certificate.

How you know you have a RealID driver's license is there is a gold star on it in the upper right hand corner.  

This is what it looks like - this is a picture from the secretary of state.

The REAL ID star

A standard driver's license or state ID card that's a REAL ID will be marked with a star in the upper right corner. Airport TSA agents will look for that star when REAL ID goes into effect.

Real ID

Honored Contributor

hey all

delaware has had REAL ID for at least 5-8 years now. we had to bring our life history to dmv to get the new license.

mowed the lawn today, outside by 8am, so lawn mowed before it got heat super hot.

ok guys later.

Trusted Contributor

it occurred to me today that I can't remember the last time we opened a window. The heat humidity here has been awful. We usually don't get this till august. 

my hubby just called me into the kitchen. There was a huge ground hog in the back yard,again!m  I went out to the deck and he was going through the fence to the neighbors yard. Don't know how he fit! Then he ran like heck. We've had them before and their a nuisance. They eat our plants. Last year we set a trap and moved on far away,hope this one was just passing through. We finally get rid of the deer. My hubby found a great fertilizer that the deer hate,so, my plants are safe again. Don't get me wrong,I love animals,but,don't love them in my yard.

Honored Contributor

Yea groundhogs are surprisingly limber @Epicurean  Woman Very Happy

I think it was kind of you to trap and release the one from last year.

Honored Contributor

hey all

listening to the radio this morn, the dj's said it was going to be a swamp a** day. very hot and super humid, even more humid tomorrow.

did get all chores done and wash is finishing up now so I can get it hung out and get my walk in early.

not much else,later guys

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,I would never harm a animal,just don't want them eating my garden up. Hubby sprayed in the area where he goes so hopefully it will keep him away. Where we live there is a lot of trees and areas where wild life can live.n we just him to " go home".🤣

Honored Contributor

hey all

son in law is coming home from hospital either tonight or tomorrow.

dd is on the prowl for disinfect wipes.doctors told her to get a huge supply ready. everything must be wiped down daily. he will be quarentined in upstairs bedroom for 2 weeks, masks must be worn if he interacts with the kids or dd at least that is what i understood.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

It's obvious that you care for animals @Epicurean   I don't know anyone else who would take the step to safely relocate a groundhog.