Honored Contributor

Re: July 2017 - Feeling Summer's Heat at the Back Fence

I spent the day with my eldest niece and her kids.  Suffice it to say, Fiona wore me out.  I am dragging, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

I think I better soak up todays's weather much as I can cause we are headed for hot,humid weather   I don't like it at all but it is July.   We've been very fortunate but that won't stop me from complaining when the air makes it hard to breathe  

we sent a lazy afternoon after making a run to Meijers.  They seem to be the only ones that have the exact toothpaste I like. Finally had to carry my tube with me because there are so mantpy versions and I had goofed twice. 

On a lake close to us a young underage woman managed to tip the boat and throw all ten passengers in the lake. The boat went around the lake with no driver endangering everyone for a long time.  Alcohol was involved.  One of her passengers had a concussion and one a partial amputTion of an hour 

also close to us a young woman whose marriage was cancelled invited homeless in to eat her prepaid wedding dinner.   People donated clothing and it looked like they were enjoying themselves.  

Quite a contrast     

Honored Contributor

Yep Betty @yock  we are expecting the same cruddy weather. lol.  I have the day off and short of watching for a Bob Mackie show on QVC (he has a new interesting blouse) all I need to do is go grocery shopping.

I had weird dreams all night and kept waking up.  I think my niece's gazpacho was a little too spicey.  It didn't help that gazpacho was the first thing to hit my stomach yesterday afternoon, lol.

We've had a few deaths on lakes around here.  Even when alcohol is not involved folks in boats get wreckless.

I'm glad the wedding food went to people who appreciated it. 

Trusted Contributor

Bernie, hoe you are feeling much better by now

i have a hair appt at 10.    Then, at 1, Merle gets that thing removed from inside his ear.   I'm hoping they got most of it with the biopsy.  There's not much skin there to work with.  

Yesterday when I cleaned the bird bath it was sorta slimy.   Don't know why.  Got out the baking soda and gave it a scrub.   I usually wipe it out each day before I fill it. 

It would be nice if the weather people would be wrong about today.  I can aleady feel the humidity.   

Honored Contributor

Hello all, long weekend is over and I am back to work.  The heat will be building the next couple of days.  I think Betty's @yock humidity will roll into my area by Wednesday evening.  By the looks of it, it will be a hot mess outside from then until next Monday or so. 

Good thing I cut the grass this past Saturday because I won't be doing it this coming weekend .  The growth is slowing down anyway.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

I'm thinking about the mattress topper TSV :-)  I sleep on a daybed and even though the mattress is only a couple of years old, it needs help.  It's either that or these old shoulders of mine need cushy comfort.

Help yourself to some strawberry shortcake.  It's an Amish recipe that has some struesel on top (under the whipped cream).  Struesel makes nearly everything better.

Image result for strawberry shortcake

Trusted Contributor

I'll pass on the strawberries  but they look pretty.  

We spent  4 hours in dermatology yesterday.  In addition to the sore InThe ear, there was another on his cheek.  He had wanted not to share having the surgery with his dealers,but the ear has to e wrapped from front to back to keep Air from hitting it.  It's kinda hRd to hide a mummy ear. 

Three weeks of wrapping , then we should be in the clear

humidity is up, heat is up, and tell me why I'm up.  

Respected Contributor

Good Morning everyone. I guess the heat is getting everyone. We are back down to our normal temps for this time of year - which would be too much for a lot of people but ths humidity is staying it seems. It has been the real problem this summer. Of course excessively high temps has not helped but quite frankly if it wasn't humid, I - and most of us out here - can tolerate the dry heat. No such luck this summer and our real hot months - August and September - aren't even here yet. Sigh.

That strawberry shortcake sure looks good to me. Think of Mother's every time I see a pix of it. she always had strawberry shortcake when strawberries were in season - always so very good - a great snack on a hot evening and she always made her own shortcakes - not bought ones put in her kitchen.

Bernie seems you are doing better - that is good!!! Glad you got your lawn mowed - heck, I cannot even do that any more. My neighbor Don came over and helped me straighten my gate in the back yard. One of them got really messed up - cannot figure out how. It happens they get out of alighment but this one was a big question to me. The little kids not big enough nor strong enough and it could be as simple as it was dragging on the ground and "someone" tried to force it open - it would happen for sure. At any rate I had struggled trying to undo the bolts, etc - the old hands would not cooperate so I had to swallow my pride and ask Don for help. He is a maintenance man for our school district so I knew he would know how to do it - our schools did not use to have fences and locked gates but now ALL of them do. Gotta run, little girl jost wooke up and she is soaking wet. LOL

Honored Contributor

So, the team I work with decided to go out to lunch today.  Democracy rules so we went to a place call Texas de Brazil.  I think they have locations in other states outside of Michigan.  It's basically a carnivore's paradise.

There are 2 options for ordering:  Salad bar (which includes sides, etc) and Meat (which includes sides and various meats).

Since I tend to avoid eating anything that had a mother, I went with the Salad bar.  I served myself and didn't bother the waitress.  Cost was $21 and I figured I'd leave a $4 tip.

Checks were separate and I gave the girl $30.  I never said, we're all set. 

The chick never brought me any change.  I didn't want to make a federal case out of it so she ended up with a $9 tip.

I won't be going back, lol. 

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama

As you probably know Birdie, there are male and female pear trees!