Trusted Contributor

Re: July 2017 - Feeling Summer's Heat at the Back Fence

Happy Fourth of July!!!

Honored Contributor

However you choose spend Independence Day, I hope that you enjoy the day.

Image result for fireworks

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I spent the afternoon and evening with my eldest niece and her family yesterday.  The weather was spectacular, food was great and I had big fun playing with the kids.  Almost 7 straight hours with a 2 year old and 6 year old - suffice it to say, I was wishing I had requested today as a vacation day when the alarm went off this morning.  I'm tired and sore but it's a good kind of tired and sore.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like you had a great day, Bernie.     We spent the day very quietly.  The fireworks were so very loud last night and went on forever.   They are supposed to shut them off by 11 tonight through he ninth.   

I completely forgot to get the garbage ready for tomorrow.  Having that holiday is going to mess me up all rest of week.   

It's not supposed to rain til next week.    

Honored Contributor

Hello there, hope everyone is doing okay today.  I'm hoping for rain as the grass and plant life could sure use it.  I guess, on the bright side, the grass didn't grow much so I will probably not have to mow this weekend, lol. 

Trusted Contributor

Wow, we had a sudden downpour.   I was asleep at the switch so had to mop up the floor a bit in the sunroom.  Looks like we are going to get some more too.  It's very humid but supposed to cool down this weekend.  

Our Three Rivers Festival starts today.  Tomorrow is the big parade.  Thank goodness we don't have anyone marching except our ex son in law who is a band director    The crowds will be huge.  Did you all see that QVC bought out HSN?  thise stars that channel jump will finf themselves b k where they started.  Will we be allowed to say the call letters from the station down south now?   

Honored Contributor

@yock  I know the company that owns QVC always had some stock in HSN however I liked that, for the most part, they were separate companies.  HSN has always been more customer friendly to me.  I guess we'll see how it goes.

Honored Contributor

It must have rained some last night because the sidewalks were a little damp when I got up this morning.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more rain this afternoon.

It's supposed to be less humid and upper 70's this weekend.  Sounds like open window weather to me :-)

Respected Contributor

We actually got to 113 here at my house - and the humidity reminded me of New Orleans - I lived there 3 years and even in my 20s, could NOT stand the humidity. So many years out here we only had DRY heat. It has changed!!!!! Down to 110 right now and can not get the house cooled off. Normally that is NEVER a problem. I have window ACs - they are NOT water coolers, they are refrigeration and always have done well. Not so well now. It just got way too hot way too early in the summer - we often have excessive heat in August and September but NO T June and July. Big problem is the nights are not cooling off very much - that is the real problem.

I should eat something but quite frankly do not want to eat anything - sounds like more fun would be to go and sit at a Bar and guzzle. LOL. Too old for that but one must admit, most Bars- aka cocktail lounges - are super cool!!!!

Hope one and all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred  Oh my God, I don't know how you and the kids even function in 100+ degree weather with humidity.  I know the humudity has to be making it hard for you to breathe.  When it's hot like that at night, no one can sleep.