Honored Contributor

Re: July 2017 - Feeling Summer's Heat at the Back Fence

@Epicurean  My A/C kicked back on yesterday mid-afternoon.  Just waiting for the rain to pass through here and am hoping for a couple of open window days this weekend.  I miss the fresh air.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

So much for the rain that was supposed to come yesterday.  It must have skidded right by me.  Don't look like we are going to get any today either.  It should cool off this weekend and it will be nice to cut my grass tomorrow with less humidity.  If we don't get any rain at all tonight I can always put out the sprinkler to scare up some worms for the robins (after I cut the grass).

Honored Contributor

It looks like I got one nice day to open the windows and get the yard done before the heat races back in.  I cut the front grass and am now sipping some water, watching part of a Big Valley episode on MEtv.

I love these older Western TV shows.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was in the 60s this morning. I was so surprised.   We enjoyed the sunroom for awhile but it is starting to heat up. 

Got Merles expense report done and submitted. They started a new procedure that receipts over $75 have to be faxed or scanned to the offive computer. We have always sent paper copies of everything.  So had to get a path to corporate fline  We can't fax from our printer but can scan.  So I scanned the receipt abd saved it. Next it has to be put in a supervisors folder.  For some reason I always have trouble with that part.  I know I'm making it more complicated than it should be. Well today I clicked the scanned image and it flipped right into the correct folder.  I have no idea how I did it but if I did it once, should be able to do it again, right.  We will see next week.    Were heading out to get some colored ink.   I know I have a coupon from Office Depot somewhere but where.  My mind is not working today.  

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone, my weekend was fairly quiet.  There wasn't much to talk about on Sunday - it was a sunny day, kind of hot and I basically did laundry, lol.

Back to work today, just came back from taking a co-worker out to lunch (with a couple of other girls).  She was hired in January and is going to another employee for a new job at the end of this week.  We will miss her.  This new opportunity will benefit it her more in the long run though so we are also happy for her.

P.S.  I made sure I got my change today and left a generous tip, ha ha ha.

Respected Contributor

This week will be hotter than H E _ _!!! Three years ago we lost a lot of animals out here due to excessive heat /humidity. Suppose to be well over 105-110 - and people will leave their loved???? critters outside all day long. You CANNOT leave them out 24/7 in excessive heat - but some people do. I remember I had to call on the beautiful and lovable ?Princess? a pit bull who lived next door. She got saved but many did not. Some people are so dumb - water alone will not do it - you MUST get them out of the heat for a while. Now we pray our cooling will work - couple weeks ago none of my ACs would work good - just way too humid AND hot.Am tossing a  bought pizza in the microwave OR oven - which ever it takes. Say a prayer it works - only Davey and I here again. 

His MOther has again disappeared - but am thinking she knows where a bunch of my  missing keys are. Grrrr. She just cannot get it right. Perhaps I am wrong but I cannot find them and that bunch of keys had the freezer key on it - I have another one, thank goodness - but lot of food is missing. 

At any rate I hope one and all are fine - filled the feeders yesterday, got some of the multitude of scratches off my car - cut back and pulled out some dead lilac branches and also rose branches - not to get Davey to cut them up and put in the yard waste container. Soooooooooooo hot outside.

Take care one and all!!!

Respected Contributor

So hot and humid yesterday - unbearable. Today more of the same. Weather guru did say, however that it MAY rain. We shall see. Probably will not. David's Dad and friend fixed my broken sprinkler heads. Shannon "helped" and mowed the lawn a couple days ago. Every time she does she breaks one or two heads. Sure irritates me as replacing them is very pricey and she is just not careful. So $45 later they were working again. When the idiot stole my stuff couple weeks ago they took ALL my sprinkler heads and other things like that. Had over $100 in them sitting in their normal place for years and years - he cleaned me out. guess I will never understand people.

Got the feeders filled and cleaned the bird bath. Always amazed at how dirty those bird baths can become. Also put up a new clothes line out back. Thought that was easier than restringing one. Worked like a charm. Davey chopped up some more dead twigs/branches for me. Davey's Dad and friend hauled away the old clothes line and also a large piece of plywood for me - I appreciated it so all in all it would up to be a very good day.

Brought along some peaches and cream oatmeal - really yummy.

Have a great day everyone.

Respected Contributor

We did have about 3 drops of rain yesterday - and today. Wow, what a neat thing. I am being sarcastic.

Another humid day - I think yesterday was the worse I have ever experienced here. Use to NEVER be humid here in Sou Cal - times have changed.

Have no food to leave for this time of day - ooops, am wrong - am leaving a bunch of Popsicle's in a freezer chest. They are super good in all of this muck! Help yourself!!!