Honored Contributor

Re: July 2017 Bird's Nest - Summer is in Full Swing

When Poppi and Peewee were born - the first night I called them Popeye and Swee'pea.

Lol

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Eastern bluebirds

Honored Contributor

5d388f3d496cb3c1798eccfebf91cc76.jpg 640×640 pixels

Respected Contributor

Possum, so true about Scotties. I remember well the animal rescue called me after losing  Bailey, that they had an adorable Scottie and they  thought he would be perfect for me. He was in solitary still while they checked him out. Told them, I doubted it but would think about it. Went up to see him fell in love immediately. Had to wait another week but we hit it off really well. Never in a million years would I ever have even thought about a Scottie - Had not seen one in probably 50 years - just do not see them out here yet in NC where I grew up, they were everywhere. I was so fortunate they called me.

Another hot day on tap - will be busy with Ricky - so enjoyed having him back home yesterday - this morning he goes to the County Mental Health facility for an assessment. He seems to be mellowing out a bit already and that is good. Then he goes back to Sherry's so he can get back to Church School for tomorrow - he LOVES it. He was so cute yesterday when he told me he had snacks and prayed there. LOL. He spent a little time with his Grandma Shannon and she was calm - thank goodness, which is super rare - and so it was a good time for both of them. This afternoon ADT is coming over to put in new cameras - the ones they have here are worthless. When I have pictures of someone walking right up to the camera and stealing from me and the picture is horribly grainy and you cannot tell how he really looks???? That is just not right - have complained about those cameras for a long time but this situation was a bit too much.

Another hot day on tap, Groan. Forgot to mention I am bringing the little girl back when I take Ricky back for school - she will keep me busy.

Have a great day one and all.

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@possummink  I began a thread entitled My Sweetpeas, Finally, and just posted some of what grew this year.  I couldn't keep up with them. Smiley Happy

Vera the Mouse

Mousie,  I saw your thread with the Sweetpeas photos.   They are really gorgeous.  Love all the bouquets, but that first one is awesome.  Heck,  I liked all of them.  Heart

@possummink  This photo captures me, as a ladybug is my icon.  I have given DD, through the years, critters or figurines with a ladybug somewhere and told her that after I am gone, when she looks at the ladybugs she can remember me.  One Christmas, I gave her a Boyds train engineer bear and it had a ladybug on it, so with this, she can remember DH and me as he has tons of model trains, a room dedicated to it, tracks all over the walls and to see the trains zooming on the walls is something, lol.

Honored Contributor

you are my sunshine - Anne Lisbeth Stavland - Picasa Web Albums

Mousie,  You have a cute icon.  I love Ladybugs and see them all the time at home.   I don't see them here in FL.  very much and the same for lightning bugs.  Might just be this area.   At home,  lots of the ladybugs 'winter' in some of the old boards on our back porch.   We see them come out when towards spring, there is a warm spell and they sun themselves. 

I thought the Ladybug above was a cutie too.   So many photos and pins of Ladybugs around.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  I have a thing for ladybugs too.  I just ordered an American West bracelet that has a bronze ladybug on a leaf.

Image result for american west leaf and ladybug bracelet

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@mousiegirl  I have a thing for ladybugs too.  I just ordered an American West bracelet that has a bronze ladybug on a leaf.

Image result for american west leaf and ladybug bracelet

@Bird mama  Cool. Smiley Happy  Years ago, I went nuts over Joan Rivers' ladybug jewelry, don't wear it now.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  This is the type of bracelet that once I put it on it will stay on.  I have no problem layering up my silver.

When my husband and I started 'talking' a ladybug landed on him and he said it was a sign about us.  I have little ladybugs all over.  For nearly 10 years I would make sure a small ladybug pin was on every purse I ever carried.  I would put it in an unexpected spot and it fooled many people who would say, oh, there's a ladybug on your bag.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@mousiegirl  This is the type of bracelet that once I put it on it will stay on.  I have no problem layering up my silver.

When my husband and I started 'talking' a ladybug landed on him and he said it was a sign about us.  I have little ladybugs all over.  For nearly 10 years I would make sure a small ladybug pin was on every purse I ever carried.  I would put it in an unexpected spot and it fooled many people who would say, oh, there's a ladybug on your bag.

@Bird mama  Great story! Smiley Happy