Honored Contributor

Re: July 2017 Bird's Nest - Summer is in Full Swing

@possummink  Poor Bailey.  It's great to read that she has attentive humans helping her out and helping her parents fight for her survival.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Thumbnail

Bailey in the nest that one of the workers built in a hurry.   It's on top of a lodge close to the original nest she and her sibs were in before the Great Horned Owl took the other two.   Rachel is perched on a nearby tree close to Bailey. 

Thumbnail

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

ThumbnailThumbnail

Bailey is in the nest on top of the Porthole Cabin, right above this.  There are 3 nesting sites near or on Hog Island, Maine. 

The S and R nest is where the wasps are and the Boathouse nest is where they put Bailey first, till Dottie came along and objected.   Apparently Dottie and Doug are another pair of Ospreys.  

So Bailey is, for now on the Porthole nest.   Heart    I get confused, no wonder Bailey had such a confusing day. Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

August

Respected Contributor

Yesterday I filled the feeders and cleaned and filled the bird bath also. Got several chores done yesterday and it was so very HOT!!!! More - if not worse - of the same is expected today. We will also see if we get a couple of rain drops. This entire week is suppose to be really bad.

Not a lot of birds out yesterday - I always wonder where they hide in the heat of the day as while there are some trees down in the Wash, not really a lot any more. I guess enough shade can be found for them.\\

Have my window open next to where I am sitting. Wind has really picked up but it is not a cool breeze - too warm but air is moving and no sun is out yet so the window will stay open. LOL.

Hope one and all have a great day - As usual, enjoyed the pictures!!!

Honored Contributor

Lord I'm falling down on the job.  Let me get the birds nest cleaned out for August, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise