Honored Contributor

Re: July 2017 Bird's Nest - Summer is in Full Swing

@possummink  First the joyful lady and horse and now the joyful lady and the pig.  I love these photographs :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@luvsbulldogs  Sounds like you had a great vacation.  I'm sorry you have to start the new round of testing however I'm sending good thoughts that the new GI doctor gets to the bottom of what's going on with your GI tract.

@Bird mama    Yes, I did have a great vacation!!!  I am being very optimistic that the new GI doctor does get to the bottom of what is going on with my GI tract.  Thank you for your well wishes.

Are you getting the cooler temps and the rain that we are getting?  We usually get what you had weather wise a few days later.  It was 57 here today and raining. 

The hummers sure do like the feeders and more so when the weather is cooler.  I am filling them daily lately.  I noticed we have a new one visiting the feeders because it has a  large white round spot on top of its head.  I will have to look it up to see if it is a different type of hummer.

Have a great rest of the night! 

Honored Contributor

Frolicking and comical puffins are among the quarter of a million birds that return to RSPB Bempton in East Yorkshire every spring.

Respected Contributor

Cute little piggies. And of course Miss Blackie is adorable as ever. She got really feisty the other day however. A neighbor's dog came in to visit and Miss Blackie had that doggie cowered in a corner. Shame on her. But she has her way, I guess, in letting all know she is the head honcho. She has been top critter since 200 1 or 2002 - she has survived quite a few great four legged friends - and she does not hesitate to let ANYONE know it.

Hope all had a great day - we had a few drops of rain. Not enough but it was great.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Photo

Honored Contributor

Photo

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs  It was cooler yesterday (upper 70's) and today is supposed to be 80 or low 80's.  So nice to be able to leave a couple of windows cracked open to allow fresh air while I'm at work.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred  That's how it should be for Miss Blackie. 

In my house seniority rules when it comes to the animals. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

@luvsbulldogs  It was cooler yesterday (upper 70's) and today is supposed to be 80 or low 80's.  So nice to be able to leave a couple of windows cracked open to allow fresh air while I'm at work.

@Bird mama  it is cool again today and I am with you about how nice it is to be able to open a couple of windows to allow the fresh air in!  We are getting the temps. that you have today for tomorrow.

I have a question for you.  Is it unusual for a dove or a pigeon to come to feeders alone or do they usually hang in groups?  We usually have them around in groups and lately we have been seeing them come here alone.