Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Mousie, you are such a good person.  My email would have read something more like this.  Dear Sir, because it's against the law for me to set you on fire, just know, I have thrown a curse on you and pray that every day Tiger suffers equates to a week of suffering on your part.

ROTFL!  I tried to be tactful, but you would not want to know what goes through my mind and out my mouth at home whenever I think about their animals.

This guy should man up and do the right thing no matter what his wife says.  When it comes to the welfare of animals, people had better get out of my way if they are trying to impede.

Once, I announced to DH when he came home one evening, that I was going to get a puppy for my birthday.  Well, he said that he would leave if I did, so I pointed out how many doors of exist there were in the house and to take his pick, because the pup was coming, period.  Who ended up on the floor rolling around with it, DH, lol.

Honored Contributor

ROTFL!  I tried to be tactful, but you would not want to know what goes through my mind and out my mouth at home whenever I think about their animals.

This guy should man up and do the right thing no matter what his wife says.  When it comes to the welfare of animals, people had better get out of my way if they are trying to impede.

Once, I announced to DH when he came home one evening, that I was going to get a puppy for my birthday.  Well, he said that he would leave if I did, so I pointed out how many doors of exist there were in the house and to take his pick, because the pup was coming, period.  Who ended up on the floor rolling around with it, DH, lol.

You know Mousie, now that the guy responded to your email, if you see Tiger again, you have a good case for asserting that it's animal abuse.  Maybe the vet would forget about her moral compass next time if she saw that the wife is deliberately letting Tiger suffer.

Smart girl Mousie - you've effectively established a paper trail.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Birdmama and everyone, I just received this email, and I have goosebumps.

"And thank you for looking after him.  I think  this did the trick too.  Mary wants our 25 yr old daughter (her cat) to see him one last time when she returns early next week from South America.  She lives in SF but works in San Mateo and should be able to make it here soon.  If you see him, please just let him wander.   He stays in our back yard most of the time.  We feed him twice/day and give him meds which is the only reason he is still alive.  We will send him to heaven in the next few days.  Thanks again."

Two feedings a day, I fed him five times a day, which tells me he hasn't been getting enough food.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Mousie, I just read the post about 'the wife'.  Guess I need to adjust the curse (lol).

LOL!

Honored Contributor

If I see Tiger again, I will not "let him wander."

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I just received an email from Tiger's male owner. Tiger is eighteen years old, and he said he has wanted to let Tiger go for some time, but his wife hasn't let him, so he is hoping that my letter will convince her, fingers crossed.

Let us hope that his wife does the right thing after reading your email.  Thanks for letting us know mousie.

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I just received an email from Tiger's male owner. Tiger is eighteen years old, and he said he has wanted to let Tiger go for some time, but his wife hasn't let him, so he is hoping that my letter will convince her, fingers crossed.

Let us hope that his wife does the right thing after reading your email.  Thanks for letting us know mousie.

He sent another email, please see that, it is better.

Respected Contributor

Possummink .......We know exactly what you are talking about.  DH tried for month to rig up something that they could not get to.  he did the wire and chains thing and also suspending in from a limb not close to the tree trunk.  We had a bear that was determined to get to it and went out on a think limb and broke the limb and fell right to the ground.  It got right up took the feeder and left lol.  That is when we finally stopped.  We feed the deer a Wildlife sweet food and the birds and turkeys also love it so everyone except the bear and raccoons eat from there.  For some reason the bears have not been eating it. 

I just love bulldogs and we had one that looked like the one that you posted.  We had him 14 years and still miss him dearly.  Thank you for posting the great pic of the bulldog.  Can't wait to show it to DH.  

Respected Contributor

Birdmama ........  it is very difficult to get anything done around here.  We work from home and DH desk faces a window looking out to the mountains, the pond and open field.  I sit at the computer and face a wall.....lol.  Probably a good thing or I would never get any work done.  I am constantly getting up to look lol.

Everytime I look outside there is something new to see.