Honored Contributor

Re: July 2015 - Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

This shop is on vacation.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND TO ALL MY BIRDING FRIENDS!

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Respected Contributor

Mousiegirl - I never cease to be amazed at how some people treat our four legged friends. Really bad, but Tiger has a chance for some good time left. I get really upset when I see people walking their dogs ON CEMENT in this horrible heat. Do know, some people have neither heart nor soul. Also know some people call law enforcement when they see this - I have done it.

Curves only open four hours this morning - closed until Monday. This owner shuts it down a lot - one holiday we were closed four days in a row. I just see no need to shut it down early today. A lot of the member really complain over the extra shut down hours. We are only open on Saturdays 4 hours anyway - so why close today also.

Hope all have a great day - gotta clean the bird bath a bit later. LOL.

Honored Contributor

I can't get Tiger out of my mind, so decided to send his owners an email, and now I think I will feel more at ease, knowing I have done everything I could aside from keeping him.

"Last Sunday afternoon, while gardening, out bounded an emaciated cat from my shed.  I was shocked and deeply upset, as was my daughter, to see a cat in such condition.  He was/is skin and bones.

I have dealt with hundreds of cats during my rescue years, and never encountered an animal in such a condition.  You told my Vet that Tiger is on several medications.  Havn't you noticed that they are not working?

He slowly wandered up to the spa and went underneath it.  My daughter crawled in and handed him to me.  I took him to a spare bathroom, set up a pet bed and litter pan, with water and food.  I fed him a can of Fancy Feast every four-five hours, which he promptly ate, and drank tons of water.

What I didn't realize for days, is that he played in the water, then got into the litter pan, he actually slept in the litter pan, never have seen this before, and the litter clumped into his paws.  I washed out as much as he would let me, and since his condition is so frail, when he objected a lot, I stopped, so I hope you will take care of this as he must be miserable, in addition to which, he is flea infested, and this should never be.

I was shocked to learn that this cat is Tiger.  Tiger and I have a history.  In his youth, he spent every day here, thought this was his property, and tried to fight with my cats.  I had to shoo him away to protect my cats, and he did not shoo away easily, just walked very slowly away.

Letting an animal "go off to die," should never be an option."  Tiger is suffering, wasting away to nothing.  No animal should have to endure this, especially not in this day and age when an animal's suffering can be relieved painlessly and humanely.

I implore you to take the humane action of taking him to your Vet and letting him go to a better place.  It is the last act of love you can show Tiger."
Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I can't get Tiger out of my mind, so decided to send his owners an email, and now I think I will feel more at ease, knowing I have done everything I could aside from keeping him.

"Last Sunday afternoon, while gardening, out bounded an emaciated cat from my shed.  I was shocked and deeply upset, as was my daughter, to see a cat in such condition.  He was/is skin and bones.

I have dealt with hundreds of cats during my rescue years, and never encountered an animal in such a condition.  You told my Vet that Tiger is on several medications.  Havn't you noticed that they are not working?

He slowly wandered up to the spa and went underneath it.  My daughter crawled in and handed him to me.  I took him to a spare bathroom, set up a pet bed and litter pan, with water and food.  I fed him a can of Fancy Feast every four-five hours, which he promptly ate, and drank tons of water.

What I didn't realize for days, is that he played in the water, then got into the litter pan, he actually slept in the litter pan, never have seen this before, and the litter clumped into his paws.  I washed out as much as he would let me, and since his condition is so frail, when he objected a lot, I stopped, so I hope you will take care of this as he must be miserable, in addition to which, he is flea infested, and this should never be.

I was shocked to learn that this cat is Tiger.  Tiger and I have a history.  In his youth, he spent every day here, thought this was his property, and tried to fight with my cats.  I had to shoo him away to protect my cats, and he did not shoo away easily, just walked very slowly away.

Letting an animal "go off to die," should never be an option."  Tiger is suffering, wasting away to nothing.  No animal should have to endure this, especially not in this day and age when an animal's suffering can be relieved painlessly and humanely.

I implore you to take the humane action of taking him to your Vet and letting him go to a better place.  It is the last act of love you can show Tiger."

mousiegirl, your email to your neighbor is perfect!  Now let us pray that it sinks in and he does the right thing for Tiger. 

I went back to the June thread that you mentioned to me and read about how you found Tiger and what state he was in. I am sorry that you and your family had to go through such heartache.  It was so nice fo you and your family to take him into your home and to your Vet.   Now let us hope that your neighbor does the right thing for Tiger. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

mousiegirl, your email to your neighbor is perfect!  Now let us pray that it sinks in and he does the right thing for Tiger. 

I went back to the June thread that you mentioned to me and read about how you found Tiger and what state he was in. I am sorry that you and your family had to go through such heartache.  It was so nice fo you and your family to take him into your home and to your Vet.   Now let us hope that your neighbor does the right thing for Tiger. 

Thanks, luvsbulldogs, I doubt that they will take the humane action for Tiger, but at least I feel better in having told them what I think, and it will remain in their minds, at least for a bit, you know, bug them, hopefully into doing right for their cat.  I never mentioned what color he is, orange with a striped tail.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sweetpeace..........after going back to read about mousiegirl and tiger I noticed that you had replied to my post.  I am sorry that I did not see the post until now.  I am happy to hear that you remember me and our chats.  The bears are still around but not as many so far this year.  We have only seen one large bear and only once so far this Summer. 

Our neighbor told me yesterday she saw a mama turkey with all her babies.  I missed it as i was out yesterday so I am on the lookout for them today.  Also she saw a fawn and the mama and I also missed that.  She said that the fawn and its mama came from our property over to hers.  So now I can't seem to get any work done because I am constantly looking out the windows looking for the babies! 

I too had not been posting for some time.  Welcome back sweetpeace! 

I will post a pic of the bears for you when I get a chance.  Good chatting with you.

Honored Contributor

Proud to be American

Honored Contributor

Patriotic

Respected Contributor

Here is a pic of a mama bear and her baby taken close to our house.  DH had rigged up a birdfeeder that he thought was bear proof and it wans't so we no longer have it up. 

5.JPG

Respected Contributor

Another bear trying to get to a different bird feeder.  They would take the feeders with them and DH would find them way off in our woods. 

10.JPG