Honored Contributor

ooooh, chipmunks!

Respected Contributor

Got a load of clothes in the Washer - some things never cease. LOL. Not a hot morning and so far very little sign of Mr. Sol - hope it stays that way. While having no sun sure helps, the air is still super thick. If you stop it is almost chilly but if you take two steps, you are sweating. What can I say.

Will get the feeders filled - sometime today. Not many birds - like we usually have - but they do show up to get some easy chow. Filled the bird bath out back and most of the water disappeared quickly. I think they are literally bathing in it as it is filthy and like I said very little left. The crows toss food or something in there??? Speaking of the crows, they sure are noisy lately - wonder if they are mating. I do not know but they are busy yelling.

Sure wish I could put the kitties out in their special condo but way too hot for them. Darn it anyway.

Need to get going - have things to do before waking Davey up - in about 10 minutes that is - and then get him in gear then take him to the Bridge Program at the high school. Then I go to Curves - did not go yesterday and was not happy about that as I go every day they are open. Just could not split myself in enough ways yesterday. Then back, beauty shop and then a couple errands with Tessa and then hopefully can get at least one more load of clothes going - not really sure.

Have a good one everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: July 2015 - Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

Hello all - the bird of the day is the Bateleur

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Adorable!

Honored Contributor

Re: July 2015 - Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

I took kitty to my Vet.  After discussion, she scanned him for a chip, and you won't believe this, he belongs to the neighbors above me.  This cat used to come here every day to cause trouble with my cats, acted as if he owned this property.  I even bought a squirt gun to keep him away from my old cats sunbathing on the deck, mean guy he was, at least here.

I wonder if he felt he knew me, as not only did he see me often years ago, but he hears my voice daily when talking to the pups.  As I was leaving, he looked me in the eyes with that veiled look of a sick animal, and I almost cried.

Tiger is very old and very ill, on several medications, according to the guy who said the cat had been missing for days and he assumed he went off to die, and he probably did.  Who lets a cat in this condition outside, and how ironic that he would come here.  He is very flea infested so I know he must still be an outside cat.  I would never let a pet of mine deteriorate to such a degree, I would let it go to a better place.

When I first saw him on Sunday, before I saw his condition, I said out loud, "it's Tiger," then dismissed it as I hadn't seen him for years.

These neighbors keep their animals outside 24/7.  They have an old Lab which was used for hunting, and I have felt so sorry for her for years being all along all of the time.

DH has called him several times through the years re the barking of his dog, sometimes all day, but usually only when the gardeners come twice a week, so I told DH to tell them to announce themselves to her as she is only being protective, so now that they do, all is well.  

The guy told my Vet he wants me to call him so he can thank me.  No way, as I don't respect them at all due to the way they treat their animals.  I would probably not be able to hold my feelings about this back. I hope they do not get more.

Tiger was tough years and years ago, and he is still one tough old guy. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh Mousie, I read your post and had to take a few minutes to figure out how to 'use my words' (lol).

I'm sorry that your vet has such a strong moral compass regarding that microchip.  You would think if the owner cared about the cat one iota, flyers would have been posted, the vet would have been called to be on the lookout for the cat or something like that.

Based on what you've told me, Tiger is on his way out. 

This entire situation is a perfect example of why I never got into veterinary medicine or worked with an organized animal rescue.  I was encouraged many times to pursue this type of work by members of the Michigan Anti Cruelty Assn when I was younger.

If I was the vet, I would have given Tiger back to God before giving Tiger back to that idiot.

Don't be surprised if Tiger finds his way back to your property.

I said it before and I'll say it again.  You've shown Tiger more kindness in the last couple of days than he's known all his life.  God is watching Mousie and I hope you get to see the idiot get his.

I'm kind of spiteful that way :-)  I wouldn't dare suggest what type of punishment God should dole out but I have prayed many times that He let me live long enough to see it play out.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Oh Mousie, I read your post and had to take a few minutes to figure out how to 'use my words' (lol).

I'm sorry that your vet has such a strong moral compass regarding that microchip.  You would think if the owner cared about the cat one iota, flyers would have been posted, the vet would have been called to be on the lookout for the cat or something like that.

Based on what you've told me, Tiger is on his way out. 

This entire situation is a perfect example of why I never got into veterinary medicine or worked with an organized animal rescue.  I was encouraged many times to pursue this type of work by members of the Michigan Anti Cruelty Assn when I was younger.

If I was the vet, I would have given Tiger back to God before giving Tiger back to that idiot.

Don't be surprised if Tiger finds his way back to your property.

I said it before and I'll say it again.  You've shown Tiger more kindness in the last couple of days than he's known all his life.  God is watching Mousie and I hope you get to see the idiot get his.

I'm kind of spiteful that way :-)  I wouldn't dare suggest what type of punishment God should dole out but I have prayed many times that He let me live long enough to see it play out.

I feel the same as you, birdmama, and have been feeling very sick knowing he is going back to those idiots.  I am hoping my Vet will encourage him to do the right thing, but knowing he supposedly has a Vet, maybe legally she can't, but if Tiger returns, I am going to beg her to let him go.  Tiger obviously isn't getting enough to eat, as he ate one can of Fancy Feast every four-five hours, and he is suffering, breathing heavily which the Vet noticed immediately, and no muscle around his bones, horrific to see this.

Letting a pet "go off to die," should NOT be an option, makes me furious to think about it.  I hope Tiger does come back so I can send him to a better place, but I am not sure the Vets who run the place would allow it, just don't know.  I should have taken him to a Vet I don't know, made up a story, and let him go, but they may have scanned him also.

If I weren't the daily gardener that I am, I probably would have found him dead at some point, who knows when because the shed houses the spa motor, which has been defunct for many years, so we don't go in, but the door is ajar, so he went in there to die, is what I now believe.  So ironic that he came here.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

If I weren't the daily gardener that I am, I probably would have found him dead at some point, who knows when because the shed houses the spa motor, which has been defunct for many years, so we don't go in, but the door is ajar, so he went in there to die, is what I now believe.  So ironic that he came here.

Mousie - a Higher Power is at work in this situation. 

Honored Contributor

OMG,  I had no idea that the owner of Tiger was your neighbor.   Sounds like a neighbor from hell.   That poor cat and that poor dog.   People like that should never be allowed to have a pet.   What in the he++ll do they want pets for anyway.   To me,  a furry kid is a furry kid, and who treats their kids that way??? Don't answer that!!!     

I am sorry, Mousie, that you have to be a part of this cruel seneriao,  but you have been so wonderful and kind to that poor kitty.   I am so angry I could spit nails at your neighbor.   Tiger probably has never felt love or compassion and thank you for giving it to him for at least a bit.   I am sure that when he crosses the Rainbow Bridge,  he won't be waiting for his ''legal" owner,  but for you, DH and your DD,  sometime waaaayyyyy down the road.  

I am sure my kids wonder why tears are streaming down my face bout now.  God bless and hold close that kitty and that poor old dog.  

Honored Contributor

Come on, we're late!