Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

OMG,  I had no idea that the owner of Tiger was your neighbor.   Sounds like a neighbor from hell.   That poor cat and that poor dog.   People like that should never be allowed to have a pet.   What in the he++ll do they want pets for anyway.   To me,  a furry kid is a furry kid, and who treats their kids that way??? Don't answer that!!!     

I am sorry, Mousie, that you have to be a part of this cruel seneriao,  but you have been so wonderful and kind to that poor kitty.   I am so angry I could spit nails at your neighbor.   Tiger probably has never felt love or compassion and thank you for giving it to him for at least a bit.   I am sure that when he crosses the Rainbow Bridge,  he won't be waiting for his ''legal" owner,  but for you, DH and your DD,  sometime waaaayyyyy down the road.  

I am sure my kids wonder why tears are streaming down my face bout now.  God bless and hold close that kitty and that poor old dog.  

OMG is exactly what I yelled when I read the Vet's email.  Now, I wish I had just kept him, but not knowing his health condition, had no choice but to take him to a Vet.  Tiger can't even goom himself.

Honored Contributor

queen anne's lace and pink roses - Google Search

Mousie,  Just thinking about that poor cat and what he's been through and probably going through right now makes me so angry and puts that 'sick' feeling in my stomach.   

I am hoping that St. Francis is looking out for that kitty and eases his suffering somehow.  As for the human 'owners',  God will get them in the end for how they treated his precious critters.    Sadly,  this guy/owner is only one of so many useless and poor excuses for civilized beings.    

I see so many  abuse and abandonment  reports on Facebook, as I follow and support some of the shelters and Homer, The Blind Cat, along with "Littlebunnysueroux",  aka, Roux, the beautiful little kitty born without front legs.   She has nubs for her legs and a very short tail.  I follow her on Instagram too and would love to own her.   She was dumped at a shelter because she couldn't cover her 'gifts' in the kitty litter boxes.  Well, duh,  she doesn't have legs or paws to cover.   At least she knew what the litter box is for.  Thank goodness she was adopted immediately by one of the staff at the shelter and now she helps raise awareness for special needs cats.  

Respected Contributor

Re: July 2015 - Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

mousiegirl ......  I too have tears!!!  I too could not face the neighor and be civilized.  I would blast him about both his dog and his cat.  This is just so sad.  You did a fantastic job taking care of kitty and I too think he might try to find his way back to you because you showed so much love for him.  I am just beside myself that people can be so cruel!  Thank God for people like you and your family!  I feel so sorry for not only kitty but also the poor dog.  You did the right thing by refusing to speak with the neighbor. 

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Oh Mousie, I read your post and had to take a few minutes to figure out how to 'use my words' (lol).

I'm sorry that your vet has such a strong moral compass regarding that microchip.  You would think if the owner cared about the cat one iota, flyers would have been posted, the vet would have been called to be on the lookout for the cat or something like that.

Based on what you've told me, Tiger is on his way out. 

This entire situation is a perfect example of why I never got into veterinary medicine or worked with an organized animal rescue.  I was encouraged many times to pursue this type of work by members of the Michigan Anti Cruelty Assn when I was younger.

If I was the vet, I would have given Tiger back to God before giving Tiger back to that idiot.

Don't be surprised if Tiger finds his way back to your property.

I said it before and I'll say it again.  You've shown Tiger more kindness in the last couple of days than he's known all his life.  God is watching Mousie and I hope you get to see the idiot get his.

I'm kind of spiteful that way :-)  I wouldn't dare suggest what type of punishment God should dole out but I have prayed many times that He let me live long enough to see it play out.

Birdmama........very well said and you are so right!!!

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

queen anne's lace and pink roses - Google Search

Mousie,  Just thinking about that poor cat and what he's been through and probably going through right now makes me so angry and puts that 'sick' feeling in my stomach.   

I am hoping that St. Francis is looking out for that kitty and eases his suffering somehow.  As for the human 'owners',  God will get them in the end for how they treated his precious critters.    Sadly,  this guy/owner is only one of so many useless and poor excuses for civilized beings.    

I see so many  abuse and abandonment  reports on Facebook, as I follow and support some of the shelters and Homer, The Blind Cat, along with "Littlebunnysueroux",  aka, Roux, the beautiful little kitty born without front legs.   She has nubs for her legs and a very short tail.  I follow her on Instagram too and would love to own her.   She was dumped at a shelter because she couldn't cover her 'gifts' in the kitty litter boxes.  Well, duh,  she doesn't have legs or paws to cover.   At least she knew what the litter box is for.  Thank goodness she was adopted immediately by one of the staff at the shelter and now she helps raise awareness for special needs cats.  

I rescued two cats and one dog missing limbs, so I understand.  So wonderful of you, Possumm, to support critters.  One cat and my dog were missing one front leg, and one cat was a kitten when found, born with a nub dangling where a rear leg should have been, so that was removed, and he did just fine, a black cat I named Mooshie, German for black cat, didn't know this until a German girl told me, what a coincidence.

I imagine I will be sick about this for quite a while, as I can't get such things out of my mind and heart.  If Tiger is on several meds, why is he in such terrible condition, makes no sense to me.  He is starving to death, litterally skin and bones, and they are just letting that happen.  If I were a Vet, I would first tell the owner a thing or two or three, then would say that it appears to be a situation of abuse/neglect, and tell the owner that it is reportable.  Maybe then the owner would take the humane route.

Thank you everyone for your support. it is much appreciated. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

A loon on her nest, Mount Desert Island.  (Reader photo submitted by "eswanson." Larger image: http://www.downeast.com/nesting-loon-3/)

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Hummingbird family

Honored Contributor

Bird and Mouse

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

and photograph shot on assignment for but not published in cheetahs ...

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh