Honored Contributor

Re: July 2015 - Back Fence

[ Edited ]

I just remembered the best part of the boy with the Huskey, it was pulling him, LOL, like the sled dog Huskeys were meant to be, and I remember telling him that it looked like fun, and he said it was. I was young then, and had a Huskey mix.

Respected Contributor

mousiegirl....too funny that the Husky was pulling the boy!   You probably couldn't believe what you were seeing at first. 

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!!!! Had another busy busy day. I went on strike - refused to fix dinner. Anyone hungry? Well then they can fend for themselves - still have food in the fridge.

Did take care of the four legged critters - they are so cute but can be real pests.

Tomorrow hopefully will fill the bird feeders. First take Davey to summer school -  He has gone 4 days a week - Mon thru Thurs. Monday is his last day - they do 3 week stints here on summer school. No longer do the entire summer routine - that is a shame.  They finish up on a Monday - makes no sense - why not go the one week 5 days?

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor
Freddie, good for you. Let the humans fend for themselves now and again.
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor
Another cooler day here. Ordered tickets for Mary Poppins stage production for the 26th. Should be fun.
They opened a couple dams close to us to relieve water pressure. People close by had to evacuate but so far it has gone smoothly. When I was watching the news cast I thought of all our friends in Califirnia. Why can't someone figure out a way to share resources I suppose then we would have to find a fair minded person to distribute it.
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

If DH comes home and doesn't see me in the kitchen, he asks, "is this a fend night?" 

Respected Contributor

Another hot day - was very nice most of the morning and actually it is a good 10 degrees cooler than what we have been having and a lot less humid. Unfortunately still a tad too hot and too much humidity. Am NOT complaining as it is better than what we have been having.

It is about 3:30 our time out here on the West Coast and just now stopped. Started my day at 4 am., have had no time for lunch or breakfast BUT DID get to Curves - thank goodness and ran some errands. Got my hair done and just got back from getting my eyes checked. Felt so good when I left - almost strutted. I have had cataract surgery in both eyes and FINALLY got to go back to the office of the eye MD I started with when I moved here in 1960. Dr. Robert and his brother Norman are both gone but Norman's son is running it now with another optometrist. I was so unhappy when I retired in 1999 as I had to stop going there - Medicare dot always let you go where you want to go. Now with my other insurance, they did not sign a contract with the optometrist at that medical center - and I was upset. Sure made a happy dance when they told me about this eye MD near me. Am sooooooooo happy about this change. And I strutted out because he told me how impressed he was with the health of my eyes - he said it was rare he saw eyes this healthy in a person my age. No, not going to spill those beans. Anyway I felt so good and they do so many tests now they never did in the past. Brain waves, great, etc, etc. No sign of many of the dreaded eye problems one can occur as we age - he was also super elated at my blood pressure - well so am I - but that is what makes me dizzy from time to time. LOL.

Only got two loads of clothes washed so will get another done tomorrow morning - I hope. Then I hope to send the kids Mother to the laundromat to do blanket, quilts, sheets. Cannot afford to do that at home any more - always have done them at home except for the last year.

Hope all had a super good day.

Honored Contributor

Betty - seeing Mary Poppins on stage is going to be fun.  I know what you mean about being able to funnel the water to California :-)

Freddie - I'm glad that your eye exam went well and that you are back with a doctor you trust.  I need to find a new opthalmologist.  It's been 5 years since I had my eyes examined.  I'd like to find one that actually does something.  These days, their helpers do most of the work. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Winifred........so glad to hear that you are seeing an eye doctor that you like and that your eyes are doing so well.  You mentioned Cataract surgery in both eyes which I am about to have done.  I had to cancel my appointment yesterday because I was sick but go at the end of the month.  Do you know what the recuperation time is with having the Cataract surgery done.  We are planning to go go away and I really would not like leaving here during the eye drops time and the recouperation time in case something goes wrong like and infection or something.  Also how long do you have to put the drops in your eyes afterwards.

Wow, started your day at 4 am!  I don't know how you do it.  It sounds like you have very long days and busy ones also.   Sure do hope that you get to bed early tonight and get some rest!

Yock...... seeing Mary Poppins stage reproduction sounds like a lot of fun.  Enjoy your day!  What a great idea to find a way to funnel water to someplace else.   

Birdmama.......  do you feed any wildlife besides the birds?

mousiegirl......  how is your day going for you? 

Wavng hi to all the birders!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

Winifred........so glad to hear that you are seeing an eye doctor that you like and that your eyes are doing so well.  You mentioned Cataract surgery in both eyes which I am about to have done.  I had to cancel my appointment yesterday because I was sick but go at the end of the month.  Do you know what the recuperation time is with having the Cataract surgery done.  We are planning to go go away and I really would not like leaving here during the eye drops time and the recouperation time in case something goes wrong like and infection or something.  Also how long do you have to put the drops in your eyes afterwards.

Wow, started your day at 4 am!  I don't know how you do it.  It sounds like you have very long days and busy ones also.   Sure do hope that you get to bed early tonight and get some rest!

Yock...... seeing Mary Poppins stage reproduction sounds like a lot of fun.  Enjoy your day!  What a great idea to find a way to funnel water to someplace else.   

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

Hi luvsbulldogs, not good.  You can find that answer in the July Bird's Nest thread if you care to, I just can't type it again.  Hope all is well with you.