Respected Contributor

Joy's new show is on tonight

For anyone that might be interested, I just wanted to post a reminder that Joy Mangano's new tv show airs tonight 9 pm USA network

As I understand it, it's a reality tv contest like show where entrepreneurs get to pitch their products live on air.  I guess whoever is the most popular wins!  Or whoever is the least popular leaves.  I'm guessing it's the first option - I don't think the same contestants are on every week but I don't know really.  Will have to see.

Respected Contributor

Re: Joy's new show is on tonight

I could never watch her for more than 2 minutes and never bought one of her products, 

Ditto Susan Graver.

Esteemed Contributor

I am looking forward to this show. It sounds interesting. I think the premise is the one who sells the most wins.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Is anyone watching?

What do you think about that phone holder accessory that guy "invented".  It seemed kinda expensive to me and not so much different thant things available on the market.  I realize his allows you to rotate the phone but is that worth so much extra?  Other than that I don't know how it's different than things available on amazon.

Thoughts?

I thought his presentation was over the top, personally.

Honored Contributor

for me 🥱🥱😴😴.  I wasn't impressed with any of the products.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched but was not impressed. The one woman shot herself in the foot with the name of the curling iron. Also, her story about having breast cancer is heartbreaking but not a good selling point. It sounded like she wanted empathy.

I did like the vet. I thought that was a good idea. How many purses do we need??? I wasn't impressed. It was vegan leather.  I was not surprised she went with Macy's.

The man with the cellphone attachment is not a new idea. Was not impressed. Nothing to jump up and down about. Show lacked creativity.

Esteemed Contributor

I was watching, but I changed the channel. VERY boring.

Respected Contributor

I am watching it now CST, looks like Joy is representing HSN/QVC. There's nothing I would purchase I don't have pets, don't need a purse and my hair is short but I will watch again next week.

Respected Contributor

Sadly, I didn't like it.  I really wanted to, especially for the business owners.  I couldn't even stay until the end.  How did it end? 

I was interested in the phone thing, but I googled it and it didn't seem that special as far I could tell and even if I wanted to just support him, it was what I would consider an expensive purchase for that sort of thing.  Maybe the audience should just be able to vote?  Or be able to buy an smaller sample of whatever the product is.  Well, never mind - that wouldn't work obviously for the purse or the curling iron.  I did think the phone guy's presentation was too much - manic really.  But for whatever reason I liked him anyway.  The veterinarian seemed sweet, but his product wasn't for cats!  He didn't even bother mentioning that it wasn't for cats so he kind of lost me there.  Plus, not sure why that product is different than other water additives and teeth wipes or treatments. I don't believe he made any distinctions between his product and what's currently on the market.   I did not stay for the rest of the show.  I went to watch project runway - and from a commerical there I saw that joy's show was also going to be airing on bravo after project runway.

Respected Contributor

I was watching Project Runway and this show came on so I watched for a few minutes.   Too manic for me. I moved on when the phone holder guy was on.  He was just too much and I won't be tuning in based on what I saw of the show and format.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.